Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iMPC Pro by Akai Professional & Retronyms OUT NOW (IAA/MIDI supported)

Comments

• edited July 2014

@Sinapsya said:

@ChrisG you can use Effectrix without midi sync: you can disable midi sync, set bpm and play it manually if you want...

Yep I know. But not inside an effect chain (like Audiobus and whatnot). It needs clock sync to work with sounds coming from an external source (like iMPC).

Retronyms: "Borrow" that basic keyboard UI from iMaschine, something to switch to when you quickly need to lay down a few basic baselines or melodies.

• @Trueyorky said:

• that should surprise a few folks.

Indeed,my meter of interest raised a bit again.Would like to know how long the intro sale last.I want more impressions regarding the Mdi side first.

Quite bizare:Why can you vote for Midi out if it already does some sort of?And they even (used but) did not clean their own code if it shows up as iMini in Cubasis.Looks a bit of a rushed release to me.Or they are just not that good in clean and bugfree developing (looking at you Tabletop and iMini).

• The IAA video for iMPC Pro clearly shows JP opening up the app in Tabletop. We don't have this in the paid version released so this amounts to false advertising.

• @ChrisG said:

@Sinapsya said:

@ChrisG you can use Effectrix without midi sync: you can disable midi sync, set bpm and play it manually if you want...

Yep I know. But not inside an effect chain (like Audiobus and whatnot). It needs clock sync to work with sounds coming from an external source (like iMPC).

Retronyms: "Borrow" that basic keyboard UI from iMaschine, something to switch to when you quickly need to lay down a few basic baselines or melodies.

You can use the MidiBus app to set the BPM and get Effectrix going at the desired BPM. You may have to start and stop MidiBus a few times if it doesn't start going right away.

• Personally i can live with a few 'bugs' but not being able to delete recorded samples without the use of iTunes/iFunBox is just too annoying.

There are numerous small bugs thru out the app and it still puzzles me how the passed the Q&A before release...

• Hope the developers appreciate the amount of detailed realtime beta-testing they're getting through this forum. Of course, the PR department will be lining up to put their head in the corporate oven, but that's (insert preferred modifier here) life....

• Recording and listening Is ok with is202 when impc is launched.its saves more ram than beatmaker 2.

• @Crabman it works but I don't this is a full MIDI implementation at this stage.

• edited July 2014

I'm not buying this for a number of reasons, most of them related to memory usage and the doubt that I would actually use it. That being said, I think $12.99 is a pretty fair price for what you get if this your sort of thing (still less than the base prices of Magellan and DrumPerfect). However...

I guess I just don't get what makes this "MPC" app so radically new or exciting from the other 9- or 16-panel samplers already on the app store. If you're using it purely as a drum machine, okay, I'll grant you that it's a superior version of DM-1 in terms of sequencing, effects, etc.

But if the goal is simply to trigger .wav files of your choice on touchscreen panels, aren't there apps that already do that? EasyBeats 3 does it, and people even cite Beat Machine, which is a 99-cent app still pending a long-awaited update. And both those apps are much cheaper and universal.

This feels like a slightly more open version iMaschine to me, both in terms of getting your samples into the app and exporting loops out (though someone did mention that the ACP loops were busted, so, uh-oh). I guess I just don't get it.

• From Twitter... @retronyms: @Jumpercollins31 Tabletop needs an update to add iMPC Pro compatibility. It's in review, and should drop soon!

• Huh. After reading all this...come on Beatmaker III!!!

I'll stick w/Beatmaker II in the meantime.
    Seriously. Why take time away from making music to learn a new app that doesn't work?

• @Trueyorky said:

Yep, MIDI sync with Cubasis and recording MIDI notes out of iMPC Pro into Cubasis - that should surprise a few folks.

Is it confirmed that this works? A LOT of people said that it doesn't work.

• @Trueyorky said:

From Twitter... @retronyms: @Jumpercollins31 Tabletop needs an update to add iMPC Pro compatibility. It's in review, and should drop soon!

With all of the massive publicity buildup and beard growing, you would have thought they'd have had this more in sync when they released iMPC Pro. Nevertheless, I do think it can end up being a useful app despite some miscues.

• @Audiojunkie it worked for me using IAA through Cubasis, set MIDI in as iMini (that needs correcting) and started Cubasis from iMPC Pro whilst recording MIDI notes out into Cubasis.

• @Trueyorky said:

From Twitter... @retronyms: @Jumpercollins31 Tabletop needs an update to add iMPC Pro compatibility. It's in review, and should drop soon!

Thought so....

• Nobody else is having the bugs i have?

• No, sorry (for you)!

• I'll still wait to buy, but only because I have such a limited budget.

There are a lot of great features in this app. If people are spending $30+ a month on iOS apps, this seems like a no-brainer purchase for July if you are at all into the MPC thing. It seems like the sentiment has gone sour because of the hype/ over-promotion/ and previous history with iMPC not-so-Pro.

Imagine if this had dropped similar to Korg Gadget: no prior notice, no prior release of the hobbled iMPC app. ...I think the Audiobus community would be a bit more impressed, though disappointed at no Audiobus integration.

It will also be interesting to see if the devs pay more attention to user needs/ requests and provide timely updates. If I recall, they didn't do so well at that for iMPC, but the promo for IMPC Pro seems to indicate they are more engaged.

So for me, its wait and see, and enjoy BM2 :-).

• edited July 2014

C#3 G3 D#3 F3

C3 B2 A2 G2

E2 D2 A#2 G#2

C#2 C2 F#2 A#5

midi ch 10

http://toguo.hatenablog.com/entry/2014/07/09/000000

• @alexbuga said:

@SaveAs good luck tuning them ;)
    The best thing you can do is record your chords directly from the synth app as a loop and trigger with HOld in iMPC.

Poly mode would've sounded cheesy and flangy anyway, because you only have 1 sample.

If you go into program mode, you can set each pad to either keep playing after it's triggered, or to mute when the next pad is pressed. These controls are just to the right of the duck.

You could setup a midi sequence of your synth with whatever scale of 16 notes you want, put the audio sample produced by it into iMPC Pro and then have it chop it up onto each pad.

• Huh...

Here I am ranting (I'm not that upset really!) about lack of midi in/out sync having read reports that it does't support it, but now folks are saying that it does work, but you have to have iMini open for it to work?

Either way... it still sounds very bizarre!

• My 2c, the app on face of it is pretty good and as per the videos does everything that I remember. I think the important thing that's missing from this thread is that it does have the mpc workflow and a pretty good one at that. Its much better /easier to use than the current version of MPC renaissance whic is 1.7, albeit its wrapped up in some limitations, i.e. apple and retronyms ecosystems. For £8.99 you could do a hell of a lot worse!

• edited July 2014

@Trueyorky said:

No, sorry (for you)!

>
    >

Very funny :p. Please try to export a loop in using the audiocopy function, and let me know if export rigth, try to add a kick or snare or anysample at the end of that loop, open it in audioshare and look if is right.

• edited July 2014

@Trueyorky said:

@Audiojunkie it worked for me using IAA through Cubasis, set MIDI in as iMini (that needs correcting) and started Cubasis from iMPC Pro whilst recording MIDI notes out into Cubasis.

OK, to be VERY clear, since I don't want to waste money on a company that I already don't like:

Am I able to create an entire drum track within iMPC Pro, and then record with Cubasis, by pressing a record button, and iMPC Pro automatically starts playing your drum track along with the rest of the song? In sync?

• Ok, so this definitely has midi functions. I just plugged in my XKey while iMPC was running, and it started firing off, which surprised me. I got start/stop, record, pad triggers, undo, etc. I'll do some more testing later; I have to work.

• @Baddcr said:

Huh...

Here I am ranting (I'm not that upset really!) about lack of midi in/out sync having read reports that it does't support it, but now folks are saying that it does work, but you have to have iMini open for it to work?

Either way... it still sounds very bizarre!

You don't actually use iMini, it's just that iMPC incorrectly reports itself as iMini.

Can't comment on what works or doesn't....

• Sorry, I am working too (no, seriously).

• 'iMPC incorrectly reports itself as iMini'

Identity theft?

• I don't understand... You said that you can control impc pro with cubasis with channel 10 on imini port? I have a fake imini port but nothing is send to impc :-(

Envoyé de mon iPad à l'aide de Tapatalk

• Try MIDI out and into Cubasis