Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Earhoof on sale

edited June 2014 in General App Discussion

Beings that the great @Mgmg4871 is absent, thought I would pass along the info that Earhoof is on sale for the first time (I believe).

Here is a demo video

Here is a link https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/earhoof/id817866889?mt=8&uo=4

Comments

• Hey @WMWM, thanks for posting this info! Yeah it's the first time it's been on sale. I figured I'd give it a temporary drop while I'm working on the next update. I haven't forgotten about you all. :)
    Thanks again.
    -Brendan

• On sale again...

• I still don't get this app at all, and I've watched every available youtube vid and soundcloud sample. Everyone raves about it, but to me it just sounds like random industrial noise and rhythmic insects. I had the same problem with TC-11.

• I've bought it and I'm certainly pleased with it. I've done some good percussion loops and noises with it. One time I wanted a heartbeat rhythm, so I just opened up Earhoof and I managed to create that exact idea I had :) You can also add your own samples and sequence them in different ways, but I haven't explored that so much. It has some very interesting and fun loops in my opinion.

• edited October 2014

@Coloobar

Earhoof forces me to think about rhythmic and melodic interactions, step sequences and note choices within those sequences in a very focused way.

Not to make it sound overly-cerebral or anything - I intuit those while playing I think, but, setting up those melodic interactions (and harmonies), voices, filtering, panning, etc. and sequences requires some planning and a priori work.

Think of it like a strategy game or something - where after laying out the groundwork, then - you're going to play the whole field all at once in parallel once you've set it up

My approach: Voices and sound shaping / modulation -> interval choices (but that's also symbiotic since where you play also may affect the voice - so - iterative - really a two way arrow). Then note selection in the ranges. Then rhythmic choices. Then .... experimentation and playing. :-)

Below is a piece done in Earhoof. It's part of a "space" series I began working on. It's a kind of Stravinskyesque piece using nothing but one patch in Earhoof (apart from the "space noise" at the beginning and end) and played entirely live. Recorded into Cubasis.

• With the recently added midi sync, this the go too app for inspiration. Earhoof + Loopy = Everything.

• Today price $3.99 --> $0.99.

• Excellent app, thanks for the tip....just got it;-)

• Yeah, has anyone tried grabbing the midi loops from this app to use in other apps? I'm thinking they might be nice to try in Z3ta+ since you can now import short midi segments directly into the app.

• Hey @Coloobar it receives MIDI but currently does not send it. Sorry about that.