Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New App from Yonac called ToneStack...More Info and Sound Demo

I have been testing ToneStack for Yonac and have permission now from them to share some info about the app. There is some stuff they dont want released yet, but I can say quite a bit, so if anyone has any questions I will answer them as best I can :-)

Comments

• Cool. So Doug....what is it......and does the volume go up to 11? :)

• This is exclusive for Spinal Tap.

• @SpookyZoo said:

Cool. So Doug....what is it......and does the volume go up to 11? :)

Oh no my friend the volume goes to 12

Primarily its for guitarists, you know the usual stuff, Amps, Cabs, Effects but there is a lot more going on than just that. I've been using it as a Studio Effect Suite

• Don't tease, Doug! :-) Tell us what you can. Anything new from Yonac gets me exited.

• Well the competition is pretty stiff in that field, but if the effects are as good as the ones in Galileo then it might be interesting. I use the Leslie and Wah sims in Galileo on my guitar all the time, and they're great.

• Yonac has great products....but...

JamUp, Bias, Stompbox, AmpliTube, AmpKit, Flying Haggis...probably forgot some too...

what will this one do that the others won't?

Looking forward to learning more anyway!

• Oh, and since they're bringing out a guitar app - why don't they make their steel guitar app AB compatible? Seems a no-brainer really.

• I will tell you what I can, just specific questions help me out, OK the basics are it is AB and IAA compatible, it works in all three slots, its UI and Preset Management will be familar to Magellan and Galileo users, and if you think the FX in those are good this is gonna blow you away, like I said I have been using as a studio FX rack without the amps and cabs.
    Please dont think I'm just saying because I'm testing it, I test lots of apps, I am truly and honestly super impressed with what this can do, ask more

• OK, does it have a Leslie sim?

I'm pretty sure it will have a wah-wah - is it as configurable as the one in Galileo, which has tons of options?

• Yes it has a Leslie sim, its not called a Leslie, but it is and it has tons of options, it has 3 Rotary FX not including all the Tremlo stuff, actually I was running my guitar through the rotary stuff last night and it sounded like an organ.
    I'm not 100% sure here but I think it will come with 6 Amps, 6 Cabs and 20 FX. At this time there are a total of 24 Amps, 24 Cabs and 69 FX. You can get Bundles or purchase seperate.

I cant tell you the price but trust me you will be very very suprised and pleased, I cant tell you the release date but this wont drag on for months, and I cant demo the app yet but I wil be able to soon

So that last paragraph covers the few things I cant say

• Wow, a guitar based app from Yonac...sounds like it could be great. Looking forward to updates on this one!

• edited June 2014

Sounds great Doug. Your enthusiasm for it is exciting. Plus Yonac have a great track record and always release solid apps with great depth. Especially with their midi options. Is there midi stuff going on in ToneStack?

• Glad you mentioned midi, yeah there is a lot of midi going on in ToneStack, Full Midi Learn for All the ToneStack Units Effects and Amps, Midi Learn for App Controls, Midi In, Midi Program Changes, Internal Clock, Load CC Map from Patch plus more, its very deep and I'm not the greatest midi expert here but you can probably see it pretty complete

• is it universal?

• @dubwavedub said:

is it universal?

Not sure, I dont think it will be, but I'll check with Yonac, it may take some time fir them to reply because of time differences

• @thesoundtestroom said:

Glad you mentioned midi, yeah there is a lot of midi going on in ToneStack, Full Midi Learn for All the ToneStack Units Effects and Amps, Midi Learn for App Controls, Midi In, Midi Program Changes, Internal Clock, Load CC Map from Patch plus more, its very deep and I'm not the greatest midi expert here but you can probably see it pretty complete

Yep...that sounds like a Yonac Midi implementation! :) Cool.

• Does it have a persistent tuner? IR cab models? Ability to plug outside effects into the signal chain, especially between amp and cab? These are all things I would like to see in jam up pro. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• I dont know what a persistent tuner is, you can certainly chain the internal units anyway you want, it does have an ordinary tuner as for the Impulse Responce Cab thing I really dont know. i dont think you could use other app fx inside ToneStack but with Audiobus 2 you could certainly simulate this

• How about an Octaver? Haven't found a decent one of those on iOS yet.

• I know what's my next app purchase will be.

• Awesome, doubt I'll be able to resist this one.

• @richardyot said:

How about an Octaver? Haven't found a decent one of those on iOS yet.

It has two Octave dividers a basic one and one called PolyOctave which is a very cool multi voice ocativizer with graphic style sliders for mixing and cut off and res filter, a detune and an envolope style attack. It akso has a very good Dual Harmonizer with a lot of control over which notes you want

• edited June 2014

as a BASS guitar player, I'm most interested in how this could benefit me over the competition(Bias, etc...).

• @Thomas said:

as a BASS guitar player, I'm most interested in how this could benefit me over the competition(Bias, etc...).

I'll tell you what this has for Bass Players, apart from all the FX and stuff there are a couple of Bass dedicated amps and cabs, and two Bass EQ's to choose from, a six band and a 10 band. Please bear in mind that not all the FX and stuff will come with the basic version but you do have the option of purchasing all the gear separately

• Looking like an exciting new release-the Galileo Leslie is great, so looking forward to this one!
    Is there an affiliation with an existing amp/fx manufacturer (like IKMultimedia has with Fender)?

• @mmp said:

Looking like an exciting new release-the Galileo Leslie is great, so looking forward to this one!
    Is there an affiliation with an existing amp/fx manufacturer (like IKMultimedia has with Fender)?

No this is all Yonac branded, but you can tell whats what

• Thanks! Hoping to hear more from it soon! ;-)

• edited June 2014

Is it purely an FX/amp/cab modeling type app? Or does it include sound generators? E.g. virtual touch guitars?

(Didn't mean for that to sound like it will somehow be a failure if it doesn't have anything there - just wondering since Yonac's other apps are excellent sound generators with excellent touch interface playability)

• @SuperNiCd said:

Is it purely an FX/amp/cab modeling type app? Or does it include sound generators? E.g. virtual touch guitars?

I guess I'm not clear on this either. Doug, the features you described gave the impression that this is a guitar modeling app, similar to JamUp, BIAS, AmpKit+, or Flying Haggis. Can you confirm that this is the intended use of the app (with an Apogee interface or the like)? That would tie into @SuperNiCd 's question about whether there are generators within the app (which I guess would be like Guitarism or JamMaestro).

If this is what it sounds like, I will own the app and probably many of the IAP's very quickly. My one concern is if it will demand more resources than my iPad2 can provide, so universal would be good news (for use with iPhone 5s). That being said, other Yonac apps like Magellan and Organ seem to do pretty well on older devices.

• ...69 (insert Beavis & Butthead laughs here) FX?

Care to share some of these effects? That's quite alot. How many can be used at once?