Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The Fiery Breeze

edited June 2014 in Creations

A Les Paul, a condenser mic, and an iPad.

Guitar was played through Flying Haggis most of the time, with a little Bias and Overloud as well. Synths were Animoog and Alchemy, bass was from iJ Bass, vocals were heavily processed with Vocal Live. Drums were Drumperfect with the kick, snare, and cymbals replaced in Drumagog, and everything was mixed in Auria.

It's my first full song in more than twenty years, so I obviously have a lot still to learn, but compared to doing demos on a crappy Tascam 4 track back in the early 90s this is a lot more versatile, it's amazing to think that all these textures and sounds can be achieved so easily now, in the comfort of our homes.

Comments

• This is one of the nicest songs I've heard posted on this forum. It does have a 90's neo-psychedelic feel, but it doesn't sound like you haven't made a full song since then. Thanks for sharing.

• Very nice, sounds like Jim James. I like it.

• Thanks, that's quite a nice thing to say. :)

Not only have I not been writing songs, I did nothing musically at all between 1994 and 2013. I started dabbling with synths on an iPad last summer when I was working away from home on a film, and got obsessed - much to my wife's dismay ;)

• You are 'The Jesus and Mary Chain' and I claim my bowl of porridge!

• @richardyot - I was searching for something, and stumbled upon your track The Fiery Breeze. Wow, great track! Very good atmospheric track! Enjoyed it much. Well done!