Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

create song, convert to mp3 and upload to weeklybeats?

Hi all

I'm traveling, starting tomorrow and will take my iPad to create music. I try to post to http://weeklybeats.com every sunday, so will try to do that too while on the road. Weeklybeats only accepts MP3 files that need to be uploaded to the web.

I have tried to find out if and how it is possible to create an MP3 on the iPad, but have spectacularly failed with my Google-Foo so far... Who better to know this than this community?

Here's what I have as apps on the iPad:

• GarageBand
  • BeatMaker 2 (brand new, to create the songs in)
  • Loopy
  • Audiobus
  • Various Synths (Nave, iVCS, Animoog, Magellan, ...)
  • Various guitar amps (JamKit, Bias, Haggis, ...)
  • Filters

Any software that I still need, or can one of them export MP3 to a place where I can upload it through the iPads browser?
(I haven't seen anything so far)

Thanks for your help!
Jens-Christian

Comments

• Audioshare will not convert to mp3 but there's m4a/ACC option. Don't give up on beatmaker 2 even if it will drive you nuts at times, it is an excellent piece of music software. Bon voyage!

• m4a/aac doesn't help for that particular usecase...

I will have 8 hours on the plane to figure out BM2 :) What could possibly go wrong? (worst case I will fall back to GB)

• edited April 2014

Audio mastering app will do that and lots more. Weeklybeats is a great site, I'll keep an eye out for ya.

• ah - of course - a mastering app sounds like a good idea. Will look into Audio Mastering and Final Touch...

• fun - neither Safari nor Chrome on the iPad allow me to upload a file (just photos or videos). I guess we will have to bring a real computer to do the final upload....

• Haha, I knew there was a solution!

• It only converts to constant bit rate @320kbps but that's probably a good thing.

• edited April 2014

This is where @supadom's suggestion of audioshare may come in handy, Try using its internal web browser.

Goodreader may also serve you well on this issue and your other posted issue as well.

• edited April 2014

So in the end I had to use a computer to load the samples from the SD card and to upload the MP3. It's on Weeklybeats (under my handle 'jcfischer') for week 16 and on Soundcloud here:

Made with BeatMaker2, iVCS and Sunrizer, mastered with FinalTouch.

Enjoy!