Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Blueboard not compatible with second generation iPad....so NOW what do I do? Recommendations

Last weekend I purchased an iRig pro, loopy, amplitude, audiobus, and a blueboard. I would like to use the blue board to control my apps on my iPad at live gigs. Sadly, blueboard does not support support second generation iPads.
Unless I hear back from ik multimedia that there is a work around I will be returning the blueboard....so what are the recommendations to get in its place? It does not have to be wireless/Bluetooth. But I would like to be able to control loopy, keyboard, vocalive, vocals with a foot pedal. I am not a guitar player, and most of the post I have seen recommend pedals for guitar players.
Thanks

Comments

• The behringer FCB 1010 pedal is a tank, lots of switches and reasonably priced. Not fun to program but you can probably get away with one of the default programs.

• Blue board uses bluetooth 4, which only exists on ipad3 and above. There isn't a workaround. You could get an interface that has audio and midi (Alesis io4 does, others as well) and a midi foot pedal like the behringer. (Fc1010 or something like that is the name). Or just get a newer iPad (maybe easier said than done, but my air was a HUGE leap from my ipad2). Hope that was helpful.

• All things considered, If it were me I'd upgrade to an iPad 4 or Air.

• New ipad is probably the easiest option.

• You guys are hilarious.

JoMomma, your iPad 2 is fine and will work awesome with the apps you describe.

If you are saving up for a new iPad anyway, yes maybe now would be a good time. Also, if you anticipate becoming enamored with iPad music and want to load up 5-10 iPad apps at once to do magic acoustical wonders in your live show, then yes, you will likely want to upgrade the old iPad.

If not, I would think that the FCB 1010 would be the easiest solution. Plug your keyboard MIDI into the FCB1010 and the FCB MIDI out goes into your iRig Pro.

• What you've just said may be true (I'm not familiar with that gear) however there are 2 obvious to me benefits to getting a new ipad

1. You've got a new more powerful device to mess with.

2. Keeping blueboard leaves the port for other outboard gear.

• there's a $500-$700 benefit for not getting a new iPad though!

• valid points from both of you ;-)

As iPad enthusiasts, I just chuckled because I never thought many of us needed help convincing ourselves to indulge our gear lust, especially for the latest iPad. I especially like the idea of regular upgrading, though the OP and I are now a few generations behind with an iPad 2. http://forum.audiob.us/discussion/3376/the-ipad-upgrade-game

• Don't forget when buying anything in the future... You absolutely must read all specs and research. It seems the thing to do for people to buy a BlueBoard and then surprisingy say (sometimes angrily) "it doesn't work."

Research everything you buy, no matter who suggests it.

• Yeah, I was going to suggest that thread, you beat me to it @Hmtx!

• I only said what I said because I recently got iPad Air and the blueboard and I have to say I'm really enjoying both and would never seek an alternative, they both work perfectly with what I do. Including running a live AB looping session with impaktor, ampkit (sometimes also Turnado) and loopy hd at 128frames latency without a bit of a glitch. This set up is wonderfully controlled by blueboard with behringer uc202 as audio interface. It works great but looks sexy too!

As far as ipad upgrade just check the link from Hmtx

• I was SO close to buying the blue board until I saw Ipad 3 and up...and I bought an ipad 2 for 250 at first thinking it was a 3 as I was told and the blue board was my motivation for getting an ipad, the person I bought it off of gave some money back (half) because I didn't want it, I was crushed... I decided to get the air but it's so close to the next one coming out I figured I can wait 5 or 6 months and get the 6 gen just to be current that's what I recommend but I don't think you can go wrong with a 3,4 or Air imo.

• I'd be lying if I told you that iPad Air is all you'll ever need. It all depends on your particular situation. If you're dying to do some looping now then just get the best you can afford and then upgrade when the next thing comes up. iPads retain their value well so you can easily sell off your air for 70-80% of the original price (that's uk) and get the latest release. 6 months can be a very long wait.