Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

FabFilter vs Final Touch

edited April 2014 in General App Discussion

Hi everyone.

I know this issue appeared before, however I couldn't get the bottom line.

I have all FabFilter plugins in Auria and use them per need. Most of the times on a specific track or on a sub.
As I understand Final Touch process the final mixed output, which is equal to adding the plugins on the master.
Is there a real advantage to FT which would make it a must buy?

Comments

• I think the ease of Final Touch to add a splash of everything to meld a mix might make it worthwhile on top of fabfilters - but it might depend how you use them.

The fabfilters have incredible control and great flexibility - but that can be 'overworked' for some mastering. I must admit that I tend to use them 'excessively' on channels and groups.

Noticible differences (although not things that you cannot overcome with FF etc) are the in-built reverb, stereo imaging and the ability to easily reorder the chain. You can do all this with FF but it would involve more window swapping and some other plugs.

Another benefit might be that having FT as standalone or audiobus allows you to master later (post mix) or apply to any other things in AB chain.. (often I record in Cubasis or via other apps and can add this in the chain without Auria)

So .. everyone will have their own take on it but those are some reasons that might make it worth the money. If not there's always the app addiction excuse.. or the fact that it costs the same as the posh sandwich and cake I bought the other day which gave me about 30 mins of satisfaction and then was consigned to the toilet bowl.

• edited April 2014

Automation=none

• Theres also no stereo imaging processor yet (from Fabfilter).Quite handy as well i'd say.

• Pro_MB has some Mid-side tools that work great even if you're not compressing or expanding, but you're right there's no dedicated tools for that.

IMO, the only real benefit to Final Touch if you have all the Fab stuff is if you find the Fab stuff to complicated, or your iPad can't handle all the plug ins you're trying to use. I haven't used FT myself, but from the demos I've heard and the videos I've watched, I think the Fab stuff is much more flexible and better sounding if you need to push it hard.

For gentle mastering, either option probably is just fine though.

• Thank you everyone for the information. That's why I love this place.

I do find my ipad3 under high pressure while using several plugins. Although I can freeze a simple track, I can't freeze a sub or the master. ProMB easily through my CPU to MAX.

I also understand now that I need to see if FT is relevant to my workflow.

Thanks again.