Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Do I need Addictive Synth if I already have Cube Synth?

Cube Synth and microTERA are so impressive. So I consider the other synth from VirSyn. But from the snapshots, Addictive Synth looks very similar to Cube. Are they very different?

Comments

• The envelope section and 4 sources of cube makes it very different and 'more powerful' than Addictive. But because its a merging of 4 sources you get a different kind of sound. Addictive can sound cleaner because its a single sound source (or you can simply play one from cube).

There is probably a technical difference that someone can cite .. They are not the same ... but cube does (to an extent) cover the same ground. You get a loop recorder in Addictive, but I've never used that.

You might be better off getting Microtera - but depends what kind of noises you want. Addictive might be considered more 'normal' .. but maybe that's just how I classify them! ;)

• edited April 2014

Thats funny cause i would completely disagree @skoptic :))

I don't have anything in my iOS arsenal that comes close to the nasty and unique sounds of addictive.It's my favorite synth.Have to say that i use 90% off my time the FM oscillators combined with the step sequencer and the ability to modulate the osc shapes with envelopes,lfos and velocity.This way i can create really fresh sounding bassy Acid lines that doesnt sound like the thousand times heard TB 303.I found Cube quite boring compared to Addictive.And now i don't use Cube anymore since i bought Microtera.I'm not really looking for glassy pads/athmospheres and stuff,if thats your thing,cube might be a better choice (although it's easy to create such stuff with addictive as well).Unfortunately there is still a bug in addictive that keeps me from freeze or doing a mixdown of an addictive track if loading as IAA.The developer is aware of it,already fixed it in other virsyn stuff (in Cube for example).

• Thx the replies. I think I better try out myself. VirSyn is now my favorite synth dev. I'm sure it would be worth it.