Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ModMusic A - no AB but interesting

Free at the moment, normally A$7.49. Sound mangler that is hard to describe. No AB, ACP or IAA but shows promise.

Worth a look for $0.00

https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/modmusic-a/id704023369?mt=8

Edit: very sluggish controls and struggles on iPad2, but is better on Air.

Comments

• Just realised this is by the same dev as birdStepper. Any plans to take this one any further @EvilBird?

• I noticed the developer, but opened up the app and failed to make any sounds with it. Probably not a good sign for my intelligence. I'll try again...

• It mixes external sounds with the presets and you can then use the x-y pad to mix it. It does appear very hit and miss on an iPad, but not tried on iPhone.

• @thinds as a matter of fact I started working on an update last weekend. So far I've focused on making the graphics more immersive, also dialed back the output vol and compression to give the sound more dynamic range. I've thought about adding AB compatibility, but not sure if it really fits. MMA is really more of a song or EP with interactive elements, rather than a music creation tool. One idea I've considered is to have MMA send midi notes to other apps in AB, so MMA would be 'playing' other apps. Any suggestions/requests?

Also, avoid using MMA on iPad for now. The 'iPad version' is just the iPhone version blown up to fit the bigger screen. I definitely want to do a proper iPad version so I can explore the music/visual interactions more. But when I was developing the app I found that my iPad 3 was not really up to the task, stuttering badly even when using regular audio quality. I think rendering the graphics on the larger screen, combined with all the heavy-duty audio processing, is just too much for the iPad at the moment. Though, I do plan to try it on my iPad Air to see if runs better.

Also, just curious--have any of you used the record and upload to soundcloud feature? I'm trying to decide if I want to keep it in the update.

• @evilbird - Just tried signing in to Soundcloud via Facebook, and got an error message (iPad Air).

• Thanks for the response @EvilBird. I actually deleted it from my iPad as I couldn't get a consistent response from it as you say. I dislike using Soundcloud for uploading recordings and definitely wouldn't use it. ACP is preferable.

• @thinds Yeah SoundCloud's sharing library is broken as it uses an outdated JSON library. That's likely why @Seangarland got an error. I patched it for the update but long term I probably don't want to deal with it. Forgive my ignorance, what's ACP?

• The pasteboard-Audio Copy Paste

• @thinds Oh, duh. Thx.

• I mean @yowza, thanks :)