Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Geo Synth

Has anyone heard anything about Geo Synth in regards to update

Comments

• no, but that would be great, I love playing with that app frequently.

• I would love to be able to add more sounds to this . I don't know what else he would add in a update since it's pretty awesome as it is for live performance too .... But just need to get some more sounds into it

I was hoping crudess would add the ability to transfer the audio from SampleWiz into Geo directly ... That would be so cool
    I think it was Robs baby anyway ...Maybe he has an idea on how we can get sounds into this ;-)

• edited April 2014

You can already do direct transfer from SampleWiz into Geo, it has been that way from the beginning! In SampleWiz, open the preset window, then hit the S->G button, which opens Geo and imports it as a new preset in there. You may need to save it in SampleWiz first, not sure.

Or, you can just use Geo as the awesome midi controller that it is, and play or create instruments in ThumbJam or Arctic Pro, which both handle the voice-per-touch and full midi note tie extensions that Rob implemented in Geo.

• Oh right @sonosaurus , that had totally slipped my mind.
    The S->G didn't work for me and no help when I had mailed. It just opens up sampleWiz for me but nothing else after that , and the previous loaded path continues to be active.

Regarding TJ , I am sure there is a way to do it but I can't figure out the voice per channel config.
    I loaded the cello instr in TJ and set the default MIDI in options and selected GS.
    But really sounds horrible ..the transitions between notes are not smooth at all and jerky and jumpy. There must be more config needed I guess to have smooth playback with TJ !

• Looks like you need to give your new recording a name and hit the save (disk) button, before you do the S->G. Then in Geo you should see a new preset show up at the bottom of the list. It does not automatically load it, you have to manually select and load it.

As for midi setup to drive TJ: in Geo, set the channel span to 16, and turn on MIDI bends. You can set the bend range to whatever you want, TJ should match it automatically, but you can double check. In TJ, just be sure Omni is on in the input section.

• Same problem with S-G-Transfer here. I followed all the instructions but no new preset shows up in Geo Synth. Any ideas?

• Ugh, it works on my iPhone5 running iOS6, but not an iPad running iOS7. I will try to track it down.

• Yeah. It's been that way for a while. Mailing the preset and opening in Geo still works though.

• Incidentally, I'm not really the maintainer of Geo, I'm just the only one who can incite change who follows these forums. I don't get any of their support emails, so if stuff has been broken for a while, I generally only find that out here.

• While you're inciting change, how about vertical swipes controlling afterpressure? Pitchwise, I only ever slide between rows accidentally and I'd rather not be able to, but afterpressure would be very cool.

• edited April 2014

@PaulB said:

While you're inciting change, how about vertical swipes controlling afterpressure? Pitchwise, I only ever slide between rows accidentally and I'd rather not be able to, but afterpressure would be very cool.

It already sends channel pressure (and an optional CC) on vertical position within a box, so really you just want an option to turn off row traversal? Or do you also want an additional pressure/CC that gets sent when you slide out of the vertical range of the touch box, where value 0 is at the edge and it goes higher the further away you are?

• Actually, I hadn't realised about the current channel pressure on vertical position within a box, probably because I use Geo with 8 rows and 12 columns, so the boxes are quite small. :)
    I'd like to turn off row traversal, as you suggest, and I'd also like to have the increased vertical range of pressure/CC that sliding out of the box would allow, although I realise that will not be possible with the top row. I don't really mind if the pressure/CC is an extension to the current feature, starting within the box, or if it's a new feature that starts at the edge of the box.

• Yeah, with tiny boxes the current implementation is pretty useless for that pressure/CC. I like your idea, I would tie the row traversal disabling to making the pressure/CC apply when your finger is dragged outside the box. But what should the vertical scale be for that, a fraction of screen height, or some # of rows worth, or what, I wonder?

I will pass it on...

• edited April 2014

The height of the next row would probably be enough and would mean that only the very top row will be compromised. Being able to choose between channel and poly aftertouch would also be nice.

• Thinking about it, being able to do this going up OR down would get around the top row issue and also address situations when playing a 4th and wanting to apply aftertouch to the lower note.

• Hmmm, I just can't get any sounds into Geo (IPad Air, latest IOS). The mailing routine doesn't work either. The Geo symbol doesn't show up. I've deleted and reinstalled Geo, rebooted the device, but nothing seems to help...

• edited April 2014

iPad 2, iOS 7.1.
    I email the Samplewiz preset (not the wav) to my Yahoo account.
    I open the email using the iOS mail app.
    I wait for the attachment to download and show the Samplewiz icon.
    I long press the icon and the 'open in' list pops up.
    I select Geo from the list.
    I load the new preset, which is already highlighted in Geo.
    Voila.

• Oh, thank you @PaulB, I''ve hit the wrong button and emailed the wav... Everything works fine now.

• Running Samplewiz and Geosynth on an old ipad mini here with the latest operating system and it all works like it should . The S to G works great and is really handy for moving patches from one to the other. One observation however, I have to be in the patch selection page of Samplewiz in order for the S to G button to work.

• I don't think the S->G button is visible anywhere else...

• S-->G doesn't work for me. Tried on ipad 4 and iPhone 4s too. I get the button only on the SampleWiz sound/preset selection page and inspire of saving first and hitting the button , it just opens Geo but doesn't transfer the current patch to it.
    I haven't tried the Open from Mail approach yet and will give that a shot later...

@sonosaurus , I hope you can get to the right maintainer and Jordan too and let them know what cool and unique app they have and not to throw it away ! Some feature updates would be welcome ..Geo, TJ and TC-11 are those few rare apps who have mastered the touchscreen !!

• While I'm at it, are there any other bugs people have found in Geo that need addressing?

• Is this synth dead

• I don't think so. I'm guessing they've just been busy with HarmonyWiz. See this thread.