Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

I need advice on proper gear for my intended setup

edited April 2014 in General App Discussion

This seems to be the most active forum, as all the other ones I've tried posting in appear kind of dead.

So I have been looking around for some advice on the best gear for my intended setup, I want to make sure I get stuff that allows for expansion in the future if need be. I am looking to have a live setup including guitar, vox, drum machine/sampler, and midi instruments. I'm wondering what a good interface would be to allow for all this to seamlessly work with looping and fx programs in a live situation. I'm kind of leaving this open ended since despite all the articles and such I have read, I am not too knowledgable on things outside of June ipad market that may fit my needs. But basically recommendations on an external drum machine that works with ipad, and a good midi instrument for synth, or triggering samples in a live setting.

Basically I want a really open ended setup but don't know what to look for so I don't waste money on anything that doesn't suit my needs.

Comments

• Hi JStro, welcome. No one knows what will suit your needs other than you. There's a lot of good info in the sticky threads about hardware. Why don't you pick a few that seem right and then ask here or there some specific questions about it and your set up.

Same thing for a midi controller. 88 key weighted? 2 octave mini backback style? Other existing gear? Need to play two handed hammond organ or noodle out synth bits?

• Thank you for your reply. In terms of midi devices I'm looking actually for good recommendations on a solid pad controller and a midi keyboard controller with on board modulation and pitch bending and such. That is programmable to trigger preset loops and such during a live situation. Preferably if there is something that has a pad controller/keyboard combo. I like the aka I synth station as an option but the docking is wrong as it would limit audio inputs. I've been looking through the other threads and still am looking for the right direction. I'm very new to midi anything

• Okay, I think I have settled on a focusrite scarlet 6i6 as the interface. And an akai mpk49 as my midi controller. Anyone have any experience with the mpk49 and should it have any issues connecting to my ipad via the 6i6's midi i/o?