Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

TC-11 (Totally Complicated) Discussion - swap tips to help us all use an amazing app!

I'm willing to bet that many of us own TC-11. It's a modular synthesiser with fully programmable multi-touch controls, and it's probably the closest the iPad has to an instrument that looks like the future. It's a fantastic app that's like nothing else.

http://www.bitshapesoftware.com/instruments/tc-11/

This is some Star Trek shit, ladies and gents! But it's also pretty complicated to program, and I reckon that a good few of us abandoned it after trying and failing to create patches that we could control reliably, or without getting the sound we were trying to achieve, or after unsuccessfully attempting to decipher exactly how each preset did its stuff. Even after watching a tutorial about using its sequencers, I'm still confused about the various options. What's the difference between the play control and the step control when programming the sequencer, etc? This thing is DEEP.

The problem is that there are surprisingly few videos available for the app, and I would absolutely love a proper tutorial series that delves into the options in an easy to understand way, demonstrating how to create patches from scratch. But with such a thing not being available, here's where this thread comes in. Let's swap tips and advice about using the app, try to answer each other's questions, and attempt to get our heads around what is undoubtedly a marvellous app which is just a bit tricky to fully understand.

Comments

• Great idea.

I picked up the app during the most recent sale and after messing w/presets for about 10 minutes, i haven't picked it up again. Just seems so counter-intuitive and confusing to mess with. I love the 'idea' of this app....i just have no idea what to do with it.

• Thread title made me chuckle. :)

Sale? Damn, I've never seen it on sale, and I've been looking.

• I think there was only one sale ever for this. I also got it then.

• TC !! Totally Correct !!

I wish there were patches or easy options to just make the notes all in a scale .
    I wish there were just a good intelligent randomize button to come with some new sounds or at least XY pads for all options to just tweak sounds.
    It's tooooo deep right now and that's its power but unfortunately gets ignored due to the complexity of starting to program it.
    The best video that always blows my mind is this one

• We can tame it together, people! :D

• I'm interested in this. I've been trying to learn this for a while now. Maybe if we start off with the same blank patch we could start from there. What do you think?

• Hate to say it but I had this app on my gen1 jail broken ipad. Infact Tc11 and Beatmaker 2 got me into making music.

Don't have it anymore but I loved making sounds on it. Can't wait for it to go on sale!

• @ArcaneScreams Good idea. We could all say what we want to achieve and then figure out how to get there together.

• This is about as blank and boring as I can get it. One oscillator, no filters, etc. and I set up a grid, hopefully, to allow for octaves in the sequencer. I think this is easy to read and figure out. Hopefully the link will work. Anyone else want to share a blank patch, that's alright with me.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/z0u1ldnam5qh4we/KZLW8nUKfi/Blank Patch.tcp

• You can get a scale on it using the sequencer. Could be a lot simpler, but the manual and explains it OK.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Once this goes on sale again, or if I can get a promo code, etc. I'll be neck deep under the TC-11 hood, and all over this thread. I love getting all nerded out in stuff like this.

• I'm with the OP on this one. I've had it for a few months and still haven't scratched the surface learning to patch on it. I'll look more into this weekend. I'm definitely interested in learning to patch this beast.

• Dev just tweeted TC-11 will be ON SALE THIS FRIDAY (5/2)!!! YES!

• Maybe I'm the odd one out here but I find it suprisingly intuative to make patches with this one. Hmm
    I think maybe just getting over the initial 'wtf?' moment is the hardest part?