Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BitWig Studio - Will there be an iPad version soon?

BitWig Studio is a new DAW created by ex #Ableton employees for Windows, OSX & Linux. Defo #OneToWatch @ £279
https://www.bitwig.com/en/support/faq.html

I think it'd be awesome if an iPad version (or something similar) was released by larger companies such as Ableton, Propellerheads, etc.

'Obviously with AudioBus2 support' in the mix!

Has anyone tried BitWig Studio? Is it similar to Ableton Live 9 or not? I ask as it certainly looks like it is, though reviews say otherwise.

I currently use Logic, Ableton Live 9, Propellerhead's Reason & iPad with all the bells & whistles & AudioBus, etc,etc,etc...

Nevertheless... I'm just curious...Because it is so new - Will there be an iPad version soon...etc?

Peace!

Comments

• Definitely no iPad version anytime soon :)

There's definitely a lot of similarities to Live, but it felt like a vastly different app to me. I don't think the Live clone comments are that accurate at all after using it.

• It took forever for the Bitwig team to release what they have. I agree with Tarekith.

• It took forever, and many people are saying it's totally buggy and unusable. Plus many of the promised features that differentiate it from Live are not even implemented yet.

• FWIW, I didn't find it to be buggy at all, but I was only using the built in instruments and effects too.

• edited April 2014

Wont happen

Who is going to buy the 400€ version if there is an ipad app for like 50 bucks?

• I bought it 2 days after release.
    Best thing since the invention of sliced bread.

It requires mostly Java Script.
    The Ipad does not Java, or does it?
    Java is something completely different from Java Script anyway.
    Without the bigger ipadpro the same gui would be useless.

• Thanks Guys,

I did think it'd be unstable at first, regardless of the hype!

TBH, I don't usually buy into new DAWs straightaway (or kit either) as I am skeptical of them being buggy, etc.

I was just dreaming (probably like many) of the possibility of another great new ipad DAW as opposed to a multitude of synth apps... synth apps...synth apps & fx, etc...

Lol

• Launchpad is as close to Live on an iPad as we get, and it ain't that close.

Believe it or not, iKaosscilator in Loop List mode does a great job in mixing up loops and staying in key and tempo. Or shifting everything to a difference key, mode, or tempo on-the-fly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Downloaded demo today.
    Very nice tool.
    Any opinions in regards to other PC DAWs.

Consider buying it and connecting it with the IPad music. Not sure yet.

• I have W7 and Ubuntu versions and all is right.

• I LOVE Bitwig Studio now!!! I was stoked for it way before it even came out because of all the features and future possibilities. When it first came out (like any new program) it had some issues and bugs and like some of the other people mentioned above, I decided not to buy it and stuck with Ableton Live for the most part. NOW however, they've fixed all the bugs and problems I was experienced and implemented a bunch of new features, so when I compared it to Live on overall usability and features, Bitwig smoked Ableton and now is my primary and almost exclusively used DAW. I used to use Ableton Live, and then Reason occasionally, (plus in my university classes I use Pro Tools and sometimes Logic) but out of all of them Bitwig is by far my favorite, most convenient and FUNNEST DAW to use. It's also incredibly smooth and I could totally see Bitwig actually implementing an Ipad version of their DAW and I bet it would work great too. The people at Bitwig though just keep implementing these essentially no-brainer, awesome features that just make music production so much more convenient and streamlined, features that Ableton (for whatever reason) should have implemented a long time ago (I mean it took Ableton years to implement something as basic as being able to record automation from a midi controller, and it might be because they can make more money if they wait for a new version to release all these features) . It's no doubt though that the people at Bitwig used to work at Ableton as Bitwig Studio incorporates so many similar features, and even has a similar look to Live, but they've actually implemented a lot of useful features from other DAW's as well and once you get into Bitwig Studio you see how it really differentiates itself from the other DAW's and has it's own unique qualities. If you're familiar with Logic or Pro Tools you'll immediately recognize the similarities with the toolbar (which is completely different from Live) in that you have an Object Selection Tool, Time Selection Tool, Pen Tool, Eraser Tool & Knife Tool. Also the way you work with and manipulate audio data and files is so cool and in my opinion reminiscent of Pro Tools, because of how precise you can be and all the different things and tools you can use to manipulate a particular piece of audio. Plus another unique feature somewhat reminiscent of Pro Tools & Logic is the multiple automation modes and ways you can record automation (something that Live doesn't have, which is just so nonsensical that you wonder why they don't have it) where you can record automation and have it either Latch, Touch, or Write. But by far one of the coolest thing about Bitwig is the open modulation and how you can write your own controller scripts, which I've started doing, and you can imagine all the possibilities you can do if you have a bunch of controllers. Instead of being forced to only have the preprogrammed functions that you have in Live and other DAW's, you can COMPLETELY configure each controller exactly how you want and what features you want it to have, what parameters to control, how much it'll control them, etc., etc., (the list goes on and on). I think you'll definitely start seeing a lot of big name producers & DJ's that use controllers live (especially the ones that use their own custom controllers) using Bitwig because of its far easier customization and far greater stability. This stability too which prevents a plug-in crashing from bringing down your entire program is SOO useful and I think will change the way DJ's that use something like Live to perform, because before they would only use the native plug-ins as third party's plug-ins are just more likely to have some problem and crash an entire set (cause a trainwreck) so DJ's would just opt to use the native plug-ins. Now I think a lot will switch to Bitwig and the difference in sound and the infinite possibilities are just amazing and mind blowing. I'm sure so many DJ's and performers would like to run some Native Instruments plug-ins and use Maschine inside their DAW but couldn't because if it crashes you're FUCKED. So yea, anyone who hasn't tried Bitwig Studio (or anyone who's tried it but hasn't tried it in the last couple months) DEFINITELY check it out again and see all the new things and how much better it is without any of those earlier problems and missing features.

Peace,
    ChasenOm

• Nice ad copy!

• @ChasenOm @AQ808 Except forgetting the punctuation and paragraph spacing. I take it you're a bitwig fan though? I like the fact that it works on Linux. I'm not planning on buying it, but that's a good thing in my book.

• Yes so that they can cannibalise their flagship product. Not.

• @ChasenOm, Wow, that text's not block, it's Skyscraper!

• @ChasenOm Don't forget to hydrate.

• Wow, talk about a stream of consciousness! I've been waiting for the update so gonna check it out. It would have to be pretty amazing for me to switch from Live.