Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Help - can't get "swing" working in Korg Gadget

I apologize that this isn't an audiobus question, but I already tried posting this in Korg's Apple forums with no response, and this place is much more happening.

When I turn on Swing in Korg gadget, nothing happens, I try to change the swing percentage, and I don't get any swing at all. I can enter the same beats and tempos on FunkBox, and they swing great.

The manual states on page 18 that we should be able to choose how the swing is quantized. But, in the interface, I don't see that.

I'm wondering if this is a bug. Can anyone get it working? If so, could you post an example?

Comments

• Swings ok here, adjusted via the tempo panel next to the transport.
    iPad 2 iOS 7.1 32gb

• Can you give me a little bit more info... what synth are you using, and what pattern are you using?

• It's universal in the tempo option at the bottom of the screen, a button thingy named tempo....

• Dude the app is on audiobus, no reason to apologize.. And yeah what Davemagoo said

• Right, I can find the tempo button, and can even change the tempo and swing parameters, but nothing happens to the beat. Any ideas?

• Perhaps this is one instance where it don't mean a thing...

• Can you post a screen shot of your pattern?

Some patterns won't be affected.

• edited April 2014

You can set the quantize to triplets (1/2 - 1/64 T) when in scene view in the gadget/scene you're gonna record (press the function button to bring it up), I guess that's what the manual refered to? But still, the swing setting that's under the tempo should affect the whole thing. If you bring it up all the way to 100 do you still get nothing?

• I made a very short video of the problem, and posted it to YouTube.

Check it out:

Ideas?

• edited April 2014

So that's a 1/8 quantized grid. If you just "paint" in a few hihats in-between (making it 1/16 quantized), do you get the swing effect then? (If you do, it's working as it should)

Edit: btw, if you slow down the tempo to 90bpm or something, look at the yellow play head when raising the swing value from 0 to 100, you'll see how it starts to "jump" forward when raising the swing

• @chrisg- solved. much obliged.

I fantasize about making Youtube tutorials about stuff like this. On the one hand, it so basic. But, when it's automagic in one app (in this case, FunkBox), you can get hung up in another.

• @PaulB said:

Perhaps this is one instance where it don't mean a thing...

Did this fly over everyone's collective head?

• I do fire the odd dud...

• Or the odd Duke perhaps?

• @PaulB king of the one liners, totally cracked me up with that one! Keep it
    Paul.