Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUFX - now with state saving!

All three AUFX apps has been updated with Audiobus2 state saving, IAA stability fixes, and full VoiceOver accessibility.

http://kymatica.com/aufx

Cheers
/Jonatan

Comments

• sometimes i kind of wish i could buy your apps again. :D

• If you've bought all my apps, I also have some music for sale :)
    http://liljedahl.bandcamp.com/

• very true. i'll look into that, then!

• Excellent news, I use your apps all the time and love them!
    When might we see an update?

• thanks a lot,much appreciated!

• Awesome!!! Thanks!!! :-)

• In App Store now.

• edited April 2014

Updated, State Save works great on iPhone 5 (saves all parameters inside the Audiobus preset)! Issues with PeakQ (and possibly some of the other ones on the iPad Air, see below comments)

Edit: Actually PeakQ doesn't work properly after the update on the iPad Air (worked fine on the iPhone 5 tho). It crashes when trying to access the "Load preset" menu, and no spectrum analyzer. I did wipe it and reinstalled. Gonna try it inside Audiobus and see if it works there...Nope same issue in Audiobus, PeakQ doesn't wanna work on the Air (iOS 7.1). No problems with Space and Dub though on either the Air or the iPhone 5.

• Sorry if this is a stupid question ,but what does voice-over accessability mean?
    I don't know what it does....

• edited April 2014

@Flo26 said:

As soon as i use aufx space or aufx eq in the fx slot in audiobus,and i want to load a new preset,the app crashes.impossible to load a new preset.ipad air 128 go ios 7.1.anyone else having this problem?

I got the same 128gb Air, iOS 7.1. Space and Dub works both in and outside Audiobus. And the save state works great in Space/Dub on the Air and iPhone 5. PeakQ on the other hand is a complete no-go on the Air, both in stand-alone and inside AB.

Edit: Updated with Dub (which works fine on both devices).

So here it looks like this,

• On iPhone 5 iOS 7.1 Space, PeakQ and Dub works as they should in both standalone and in Audiobus.

• On iPad Air iOS 7.1 Space and Dub works as they should in both standalone and in Audiobus. PeakQ is a no-go, broken spectrum window, crashes when trying to use the menu.

I get this green line to the left in the spectrum analyzer if that helps.

• I was able to get Space and Dub to work by updating in the App Store, deleting the app, rebooting my iPad Air, and reinstalling. Did not work with PeakQ.

• No problems on ipad 2 with either of them.

• Damn, all these different devices, always some bug creeping in.. :(
    It works great on iPad mini and iPad1. I don't have an Air to test with.. Perhaps a 64-bit issue. I'll investigate! Really sorry for the inconvenience.

• edited April 2014

Yea, definitely a 64bit issue from the looks of it.

@j_liljedahl , I put up a crash report from the Air here if you wanna take a look:
    [ fixed ]

• Thanks Chris!
    Fixes for all AUFX apps has been submitted, and I've asked for an expedited review.

• Glad about the fixes. In the meantime I did a few quick tests on my Air this morning (not from within AudioBus, it should be said). I too got the reported crashes, but it seems if I open the app and immediately save a user preset, then the preset loading crash appears to resolve.

Worth a try for any Air owners waiting for the updates?

• edited April 2014

@j_liljedahl said:

Thanks Chris!
    Fixes for all AUFX apps has been submitted, and I've asked for an expedited review.

I highly recommend to get yourself a 64 bit device. They're behaving differently and it's absolutely worth to test on it. Stop testing on the 1 instead.

• @bennorland: Yes, the bug affecting all three apps is that if you have no user-saved presets, the Load Preset menu will crash. Same thing with Recordings if you have no recordings. So it's easy to work around, but there are thousands of users who don't know this and will now write 1-star reviews... :/

@Sebastian: Indeed, actually I still don't build my apps for 64-bit for that reason. This AUFX update got built for 64-bit by mistake, since the last Xcode update changed the default build settings!

• @j_liljedahl said:

@Sebastian: Indeed, actually I still don't build my apps for 64-bit for that reason. This AUFX update got built for 64-bit by mistake, since the last Xcode update changed the default build settings!

Well... crap. I bet there was a one line hint somewhere in the update notice of Xcode... probably on page 18 or 27.

• I checked. It was on page 32.

I kid but damn, that's annoying. I understand Apple wanting to move developers (and consumers) in that direction but since there are obvious repercussions it seems like it should called out pretty strongly on the build processing or app store submission screens.

• edited April 2014

Well, I don't blame it all on them, I should have been more careful!

I was rushing a bit because I had been stuck on another problem (not passing validation if I supported iOS 5.1.1, which indeed was their bug!) and was happy that they finally fixed it and wanting to get the state saving update out.

Anyways, the 64-bit fix is currently in expedited review so will hopefully be here very soon!

• Update is in App Store now.

• edited April 2014

Awesome. Everything seems to be fine on the Air now!

Edit: "Insert brain fart"

• @ChrisG: That's normal! A low cut -24dB added to a peak cut -24dB is -48dB, which is beyond the +/-24dB range of the graph. A future update might have a range setting for the graph..

• @j_liljedahl said:

@ChrisG: That's normal! A low cut -24dB added to a peak cut -24dB is -48dB, which is beyond the +/-24dB range of the graph. A future update might have a range setting for the graph..

You're absolutely right, total brain fart on my side. Sorry!

• Just want to report back that even with the latest versions i still have problems with the IAA's in cubasis (they just quit working quite often on my Mini Retina).

• @Crabman As far as I know, cubasis has a bug that makes it eject IAA apps whenever they go silent.

• edited April 2014

Its true that it happens sometimes with other (FX nodes) apps as well but it happens most often with AUFX stuff,unfortunately.I have to test more with other FX nodes and report back.

• I used AB with Argon in input, AUFX space+dub in FX and default output (headphones).
    Space disconnected from AB after launching and it worked with the internal mic as input instead of AB input slot. Looking in AB panel I saw it has zzz and pressing it to load gave the same result. Working with mic and zzz in AB.