Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• I like it. I hope the popup functions when you hold down the volume knob (or whatever) doesn't disappear outside the screen edges with this update. This is one rock solid multitracker that also fits in your pocket! Very handy iDAW to have around.

• @ChrisG if you long press lower right corner everything shows up.

• Amazing. Thanks for sharing.

• Looking forward to that! :-)
    Thanks for posting

• @mgmg4871 said:

@ChrisG if you long press lower right corner everything shows up.

Thanks, that works.

• edited March 2014
  • This looks awesome! Can not wait.

Will there be a way to export a full session from MTDAW straight into Auria (without requiring iTunes file sharing)?

• edited March 2014

You can export by email, longpress file, and open in Auria. Individual files can open in directly from app.

• Looking forward to this update, but man, the old UI elements clash big time with the new flat UI elements. The shadows and bevels of the old UI really ought to go.

• At least its a step in the right direction, can't wait for this update.

• edited March 2014

Aww poo on you Open In... I saw the Stochastic Drum icon and got all excited about it finally getting AB or IAA :(

• Lol. Sorry about that.

• Automation?

• edited March 2014

Thanks Morris. I've done my share of transferring MTDAW tracks using the old email trick. Of course they are always truncated and always one file.

My intention is to open the whole session as tracks in Auria. MTDAW is simply so much faster for me when it comes to editing. I also love tracking in MTDAW for the consistency, reliability, and simple/minimal interface. Faster and easier than Auria for me. I'm sure the update will be a welcome improvement as well. Just wish I could take the session (bounced from zero) after editing and straight up open in Auria for more hardcore mixing.

Of course, iTunes file sharing isn't that hard. I'm just looking for an "all on device" solution (I'm not the only one right?). Too bad I can't do the wifi export/download trick within the device.

Automation? Good question.

• Looks like a volume curve on the last track of the second screen shot. Woot.

Mixer?

• Looked on Concrete Dogs official site I couldn't see this update mentioned where's all the info coming from?

• @syrupcore said:

Looks like a volume curve on the last track of the second screen shot. Woot.

It's always had that- fade in and fade out

• @NoiseHorse @CJ_Stout No automation yet. @Syrupcore that is fade in fade out as Zymos pointed out. @JumperCollins that's Harmonicdog.com, but info comes from beta testing with Devs approval.

• Thanks for the info Morris can't wait for this update as find the ease of use of this DAW great for getting tracks down real quick. Doug mentioned in his latest vid it may have IAA, or it it just AB and use of effect apps as IAA what's the AU tab?

• edited March 2014

It IAA in pic of 3 effects apps, also generator node apps. AU tab is IAA.

• @PHANTASM The new flat UI elements.

• No way! This made me happy - the last update was December 2012. I had just assumed the app was left for dead, and it was a happy accident that it kept working on iOS7. I really like the new colorful interface, but as any MT DAW user knows, it's not about the sexy interface anyway - it's all about efficiency and ease-of-use.

One question though: I can't figure out to set up something to loop easily in the current version. For example, if I use AudioCopy to bring over a single 4/4 measure drum beat, how do I get that to loop over and over without manually dragging the time slider and trying to find the right start point? Thanks!

• Drag your finger down from the top of the screen, and that should bring up your loop cursors, which can then be dragged wherever needed.

• Thanks, I just watched a YouTube video or all. I just got to liking MT DAW a whole lot better. There were things that GarageBand does as a default (like the snap feature) to line up regions with measure lines that I either didn't know were in MT DAW, or was just using workarounds for. I'll definitely be using this one from now on - embarrassed I didn't figure this stuff out sooner!

• Snap button is menu.

• edited March 2014

@mgmg4871 said:

Snap button is menu.

Yep, that's what I figured out 30 minutes ago for the first time. D'oh!

Back to the update, it be nice to hear if there's any new feature, but even if not, I'm just relieved it's getting a refresh to keep it going with AudioBus 1/2 and working with the newer iOS updates. The AB compatibility in MT DAW is glitchy at times - AudioBus will show the glowing arrows to indicate everything is "linked" up, but when you go to add a track sometimes in MT DAW, there's no source option for your input app. It just seems to happen for no reason at times.

• @mgmg4871 said:

@PHANTASM The new flat UI elements.

That's looking much better. Really looking forward to this update. I don't suppose sidechaining is available in the compressor in this update, is it? I'm hoping it will be added at some point.

• @mgmg4871 any idea when this update will be available

• Should be submitted any day now.