Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Caustic 3 Update

Comments

• yes, and this update will include AudioBus In/Out, AudioCopyPaste, more "Open In" handlers, Virtual MIDI, etc.

• Thanks Rej. Sounds great.

• edited March 2014

@Caustic_Rej said:

yes, and this update will include AudioBus In/Out, AudioCopyPaste, more "Open In" handlers, Virtual MIDI, etc.

Nice! Thanks for that.. This is gonna be fun.

• I had not been in caustic for a while now and I know where I am going tonight.

• Great! This is more than a small update!

• Great sounding update. When might the eta be?

• Good news!
    Just bought it this week.

• That list of updates may be just the thing to push me into getting this!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Great news, caustic 3 is amazing, and new additions are always welcome ! I'm using it in android as well as iOS and adding audio bus input (in the output slot) seems a great addition. Will it be for the PCM synth and beat machine sampling source ? Anyway, keep us the great work, just for the modular (but the others are great too) this app is worth every penny

• The AB in the output slot is for sampling only right now in any instrument that uses samples. (and in mono as none of my samplers are set up for stereo yet, that's in another update)

I'd really like to get multiple outputs for running other synths into Caustic as slave machines with Caustic sending note+CC data over MIDI but that's probably a ways off, I don't even know if that's do-able. I think Loopy does something similar.

Another really cool feature that's going into this one is a special "machine input" component to the modular. With the ability to have it send notes, it's pretty powerful. You can route various machines through DSP components and effectively set up a modular as a aux bus mixer or have the modular's notes sent to multiple machines at once, creating thick layered sounds.

• Oh man, this update is going to be so awesome!!! Caustic has some really great effects and with Audiobus in and out, it will be even more valuable for music creation. So glad I got this app, have been enjoying it so much!

• @Rej "running other synths into Caustic as slave machines with Caustic sending note+CC data over MIDI but that's probably a ways off, I don't even know if that's do-able" yes, you can do this though AB into Cubasis for example.

• @Caustic_Rej: can the sampler be used like a poor man's audio tracks feature? Eg I record a 20s synth section and then trigger it for 20s. That would be quite good :)

• Good news. Thanks!

• edited March 2014

Great news! Great app! Purchased a couple of weeks ago after trying out the free windows version. I'm still amazed that I can have this type of thing on the iPhone.

• Yay!

The other way of bringing in slave synths in iOS 7 is via IAA. Add an "IAA" instrument to the set and have selecting one bring up a list of installed generators. Could do the same for filters/effects too. Look at how BeatMaker 2 does this, for example. Also try multiple synths in AB Input and BM2 in Output, with nothing in the filter slot, and you will see all the synths separately available. For this mode another instrument type, which can select the external USB or internal AB signal pair.

Not that I mean for BM2's UI to be the exemplar, just the functionality that is possible :)

• thanks for the examples guys, it's definitely on my list to try and get multi-machine input going.

@raz, yes you'll be able to do that. The PCMSynth and Beatbox can both record up to ~20 seconds of audio and the Vocoder can record up to ~1.5 minutes.

It's no excuse not to get proper audio tracks eventually, but it's a workaround that many have already used to good extent.

Back to testing...

• edited March 2014

I just saw this on the Palm Sounds page

and I'm looking forward to that now even more

• Yes, threats and ultimatums tend to to work best I am told . Hehe.

• @wapir71 said:

before I buy it, you have to optimize it for the iPad without the black bars!!!

Options > Advanced > tick " Fill screen in landscape mode" TAADAAA!!!

• edited March 2014

@ChrisG said:

@wapir71 said:

before I buy it, you have to optimize it for the iPad without the black bars!!!

Options > Advanced > tick " Fill screen in landscape mode" TAADAAA!!!

LOL!

• You see the threat paid off, it is already fixed. Hahahaha.

• Hey @Caustic_Rej could you also add midi sync (start/stop) to the next update while you're at it? It must be the most frustrating thing in the world to be trying to start an app to match another one. Cheers.

• Has this been submitted yet? Looking everyday for an update now.

• awesome stuff indeed....

• Just got the free PC version to try it out. Looks really cool, just wondering how i get sounds from it into a DAW! (Until the update). Record samples with audioshare?

• edited April 2014

@StormJH1, I noticed your question when unanswered. Here is a method, either FTP ( built into Caustic) or ifunbox the file with the .caustic extension from one devise to the other (android, ios, win) put it in the song folder. Make sure you check out their forums if you haven't already! It is a great community of helpful people. Lots of presets available as well. Hope this helps.