Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AudioShare updates

The AudioShare 2.3 update is now live!

News:

• Audiobus input slot support, you can now use AudioShare as an Audiobus source app!
  • Trim tool, save selection to a new file
  • Add iTunes music library import
  • Added 'Select All' button in edit mode
  • Name Audiobus recordings after input apps
  • Show recording source (audiobus apps or hardware input)
  • Allow user to edit filename extension
  • Allow AudioCopy of midi files
  • Show used and free disk space in About screen
  • Improve AudioPaste item selection user interface
  • Various minor improvements and fixes

Link:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/audioshare-audio-document/id543859300?ls=1&mt=8

With AudioShare now having both input and output AB ports, you can play files through filter apps and record it back into AudioShare. Or play a file and mix it with another app, recording it back for Sound-on-sound technique.

Comments

• Awesome!

I could have done with that trim tool last night :)

• awesome,thanks for the quick update with trim etc.Now its a very cool small helper for (live)recordings as well!

• Thanks, I really love this app and this has made it almost perfect. I have a minor request for a future update if that's ok. Could you look into adding a reverse orientation (if that's actually the terminology) on iPhone so that if I plug my tascam im2 the app isn't upside down when I hold the phone upside down

• Great news! Love this app, and its now added the missing bits.

• Thanks everyone!
    @noisyninja: Sure thing, I'll add it in the next update.

• Congrats! What's the story with "Allow AudioCopy of midi files"? Sounds really cool. Are there any apps that allow you to paste them?

• My question exactly!

• This trim function intrigues me. Is it easy to trim to a certain BPM? Say if I want a neat 2 bar loop?

• @j_liljedhal this app just rocks and is one of a kind after this update! thank you so much. one feature you might consider? a convert stereo to mono option if possible!

• Think it's finally time for me to start using Audioshare as the hub for my sounds and ideas on iOS :)

• @syrupcore: At least AudioShare supports pasting of midi files :) But since it's on the general pasteboard, it should be extremely easy for any app to implement midi paste. I don't know of any specific other app that supports it, yet.

@thatsRayor: The trim start and end points are adjusted manually and by ear, but it displays the exact length (with 1 millisecond precision) so you can easily calculate how long duration a specific numbers of beats (N) is in a certain tempo (T): (60*N)/T
    I might add an option to fix the trim-region length according to given tempo and number of beats.

@hypoetical: Different kind of conversions and stereo->mono split or mix is on my TODO.

• Invert would be useful.

• edited March 2014

• agreed, sorry for requesting features so soon, you've done a fantastic job on audioshare. 5 stars!

• Thanks!

@PaulB: What do you mean with invert?

• Hi Jonathan, thanks for a great app, I use it a lot. I'm just wondering if it would be possible to include in a future update a feature that imports audio files from Dropbox in a similar way to how you've implemented the iTunes music import?

I know I can use the 'open in' feature in Dropbox but it would be much easier to pull through multiple files (perhaps even folders) from inside Audioshare.

Would this be do-able?

Thanks!

• @j_liljedahl Flip the sample values, negative to positive, positive to negative.

• @EkoCentrik: Yes indeed, actually I've already implemented that in my current code, so it will come in the next update!

@PaulB: I can see the point with "phase invert" on mixing desks, etc. But why would this be useful here?

• Yay! Looking forward to the update :-)

• @j_liljedahl You can do all sorts of tricks with an inverted signal, simultaneous hard left & right panning, centre field cancellation, that sort of thing.

• @PaulB: by simultaneous hard left & right, do you mean putting the original signal in one speaker and the inverted one in the other? that would cancel out to silence in a mono system, and might cancel out stuff even in a stereo system if played loud, especially the bass. But sure, I'll add it to my list of tools to consider for the future :)

• Yes, I realise, but if you make other changes before you do so, you can end up with some interesting effects across a stereo field, as the cancellation is then only partial.

• For all you AudioShare Gurus out there, is it possible to get a track out of GarageBand, and into AudioShare without an internet connection, or connecting up to Itunes? I just want to take a piano track from GB, and import it into Auria, any ideas?

• @Fusionarts Email it to yourself in GarageBand. Instead of 'send' hit 'cancel.' When it asks you if you want to save a draft, say yes. Open Mail and find your draft. File should be there.

• @syrupcore this is brilliant, Any idea how big of an attachment you can save as a draft in iOS mail?

• Not sure. Also, not my idea! Just sharing.

• IanIan
    edited February 2013

There's another bit. After finding the draft you have to delete it. You can't get the file from the draft folder but it is available in the delete folder ( I don't know why)

• Thank you for the info, it was very helpful. Any way to get the 16 bit ver. out?

• Could you also implement a function to delete unwanted Audio copy files

• @JuniorPops: The Sonoma Pasteboard SDK does not have any method to delete items from the pasteboard, but I'll investigate adding a "Clear All" function. It was speculated earlier that items on the Sonoma Pasteboard was "memory mapped" and thus did not take up RAM space, only the disk space of the original copied items. However, looking through the sourcecode I believe this is not the case. So a "Clear pasteboard" function would be very nice to have, to free up RAM.