Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

IVCS3 Coming Soon

Comments

• Looks cool but you'll definitely need a stylus for that sequencer.

• Please define "soon". Submitted to Apple?

• edited February 2014

@Supadom I think that's matrix patching system and not a sequencer. IIRC, the Putney used a patch bay system rather than patch wires. It was actually a compact modular mono-synth. :-)

• Ah ok, will still need a stylus though ;)

• Anyone seen an expected price tag for this one?

• @supadom if you double click on matrix it zoom in..

• Nice website @synthandson! This one is my favorite for all classic synth info:

http://www.vintagesynth.com/

• @Synapsya I suspected there might be something like that to make the matrix more usable. :-)

• edited March 2014

• Some other shots

This is The back with sequencer (EMS Style) ;-)

Inviato da mio iPad usando Tapatalk 2

• And other shotsimage

Inviato da mio iPad usando Tapatalk 2

• edited February 2014

Exciting news! Vintage analog emulatios are a must have for me. Hopefully we'll hear some sound demos soon.

• this looks good and i will definitely get it

• Unless it has low volume...

• Don't have nothing recorded from last beta....but I record one session to post here :-)

ps: all recordings are only iVCS3 without any sequencer or other app.

• Is it a drone/noise generator kinda thing? I've never heard any sound examples before, and know nothing about this machine really.

• edited February 2014

@ChrisG Do you know 'Doctor Who' jingle?

• Yea, this was used in that one ?

• those sound demos are much appreciated. good stuff.

• Also used a lot by Sonic Boom of Spacemen 3 / Spectrum. Roger Waters on Dark Side of the Moon...http://synthesizerbook.wordpress.com/tag/ems-vcs3-synthesizer/

I can't wait till this comes out!

• Ok, well seems like something that's a bit different then the countless VAs and whatnot on iOS. And it's been in development for quite a while I believe? So I'm definitely looking forward to seeing and hearing more of this when it's released.

• Having played around on a couple of real ones at college, I would say that melodic use, although possible, is not their forte. Getting the oscillators in tune with other instruments and with each other in order to play a tune was a challenge, to say the least. The stuff demoed above by Synapsya is exactly what they're good at.

• edited February 2014

Cant wait to try out some of Delia's (one of the composers of the Dr Who theme)
    preset's that were found in her archive after she died...

picture

Hopefully this is a realistic enough of an emulation to recreate these to be similar to the original sound Delia created.

• I picked up an SE version of the XILS MacOS VST/AU version some months ago. Great! Word of warning however.... It is very possible in the desktop version to overload the output signal if you patch the Out LVL pins in the patch matrix. It's possible the iOS version will also "allow" the same issue if it is emulating that. I know I've come close to overloading gear with the desktop version. So, word of caution - take care with this one! I would not want anyone to hurt ears or gear.

Having said that - there are some magnificent possibilities with this synth if one takes the time to learn it. You can go from gentle and warm pads and leads to very grungy basses using e.g. OSC 3 as a nice sub oscillator and / or PWM source to sparkling leads and very weird FX. Lots of potential!

• @Buska - that is a great pic! Where did you get that from? Are there blank templates too???

• Folks might find this video interesting. The VCS 3 makes several appearances in this documentary. What if these people had had iPads at the time!

• Ummm - just in case - there is some mild nudity in that video later on - just in case that's something people want to avoid