Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

*UPDATED 5/14* - Sliver - from Alex Matheu (GlitchBreaks dev)

Comments

• edited May 2014

Thanks @PaulB and @OmnilimbO I thought I would go one better and post Some video clips.

I've been meaning to start videoing some of my apps,so this is my first attempt.
    Recorded on IPone5S then imported into IMovie IPad 4 but that didnt work.
    In the end it became a trailer because that was the only thing I could do with it, not being able to move my imported sound track along the timeline.

Then I imported the video and audio into IMovie IMac and that worked. I reduced the quality to make it more accessible.

@distraub I love Sliver and if you do add ADSR it will be very welcomed.

I was wondering I had read in another thread that you were going to implement the Midibus SDK into GlitchBreaks is this true and if so will you be doing the same for Sliver ?

• Beautifully done!

• Rad! Nice work(around), Multi.

• Thanks guys I might try this with some other droning and soundscaping apps.

• That is awesome @Multitouch really nice!

The Midibus is already a part of Sliver, in my haste I forgot to mention it on the about page in app, will do that in the 1.01 update. I do have it on the Sliver about page though.

• @Multitouch I tweeted your video, hope you don't mind, Sebastian is asking about the Audulus patch :)

• @distraub Now that you see the awesome potential of this, will you go ahead and add the gating & ADSR to Sliver? :-)

• @Audiojunkie said:

@distraub Now that you see the awesome potential of this, will you go ahead and add the gating & ADSR to Sliver? :-)

+1

• edited March 2014

@distraub be my guest and thanks for producing such great software, I've just left a glowing review at the AppStore.

• @Multitouch Thank you!

@Audiojunkie I will give it a shot in update 2 :)

• YAY!!!!!! Thanks @distraub!!!!! :-) :-D

• So I finally finished update 1, took some ironing out, but no I didn't get a chance to do ADSR, it is first thing on my plate for update 2, that and revamping the file browser. 2 major things for update 2.

• Cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

• I have the ground work laid for the ADSR now :) working on it more tonight, so far I have hard coded values in and it works, now to make some sort of interface for it.

• @distraub said:

I have the ground work laid for the ADSR now :) working on it more tonight, so far I have hard coded values in and it works, now to make some sort of interface for it.

symbol for beer

• @distraub said:

I have the ground work laid for the ADSR now :) working on it more tonight, so far I have hard coded values in and it works, now to make some sort of interface for it.

Woohooo!!! Yes!!! :-). Thanks @Distraub!!! :-)

• Getting better all the time.

• Really great update if you missed it.

AB SDK 2

AB state saving

AB filter port with live audio buffering, freezing, saving

And more.

Takes Sliver a big step up, and there is already another big update in the works. Gonna be some super happy folks in here.

• Iphone version, please! :-)

• Man, I don't even see how this app could work on such a small screen like that on the iPhone. Seems like that would be incredibly tight and super difficult to manipulate, but, I'd love to see it if it works well.

• I finally finished up the 1.02 update and will be submitting shortly.
    I am happy to say that ADSR is finished and working great, both from the internal keyboard and MIDI :)

• Great, thanks for that!

• Should make some people pretty happy. It works quite well.

• Really looking forward to ADSR!

I had a few requests @OmnilimbO suggest I add to this thread so they don't get lost. Sounds like some of them may already be in the update. :)

1. Put user presets/sounds at the top of the lists, not the bottom.
    2. I'd love a rework the top area a bit so that there is a toggle button to go back and forth instead of the kind of awkward 'did I hit anything by mistake?' swipe
    3. Omni present keyboard button as a part of that header reworking would be aces
    4. I made one for myself but a 'reset' preset would be handy for most I would imagine. Perhaps loading a simple sine wave.

Maybe the three delay sliders could go below the lower pads to buy a little wiggle room up there (shrinking the pads a bit)? Would sort make more cognitive sense down there with the other effects anyway.

Thanks @distraub for Sliver. Loving it.

• I definitely agree with @syrupcore's requests! Every one of these requests would further refine this tool to make it even better! :-) Looking forward to the ADSR update! :-)

• edited May 2014

@syrupcore and @audiojunkie In the upcoming update you can collapse/hide the different groups within the sound loading and preset menus, so you can quickly hide the factory stuff and get straight to your user presets and sounds. Handy.

There is also added a new "init" button to set all controls to the most neutral positions. Note that any existing automation will immediately takeover, so if you want a completely clear start, first press and hold the clear button to clear all currently active automation, then hit the init button to jump all controls back to neutral.

Your other requests are good ones, and are already on the table for the future.

As Sliver is essentially a first of its kind app, beginning the streamlining of it required having a pretty complete build of it to work with in the first place, and that build had to be a best guesstimate of what Sliver would be and how the app should be laid out. Then putting in countless hours of testing and using the app in the real world to see what worked well, what was missing, what needs tweaking, and what would be awesome for future updates, etc. Yes, there are already a few feature-specific updates planned that address some things everyone is asking for here, (and then some ;) ) but the requests and feedback are a good compass to guide Sliver development and the streamlining of its workflow. All this to say your user feedback and requests are extremely valuable and helpful here. Keep em coming.

• Brilliant stuff @OmnilimbO and @distraub looking forward to this update.

• Thanks for that @omnilimbo. I'm 100% on board with ship the core product early and then refine in public. It's a great app and the core is all there.