Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Stroke Machine - massive update

Stroke Machine V1.0.2 is about to land on your iPad containing lots of bug fixes, improvements and new additions. One of the most important features especially for those of you who have older iPads is that you can now adjust the audio buffer size to up to 1024 samples for a much better performance. Also, we listened to your comments and added an alternative skin with a subdued color scheme. What else? Inter-App Audio, Virtual MIDI, MIDI Clock Synchronization, AudioCopy, Kit and Sound sharing, finer value adjustments and on and on and on. Plus fixes of all reported bugs. Here's the full list:

New in V1.0.2
• Audio Buffer Size adjustable. Setting it to higher values improves performance, which is especially helpful on older iPads.
• Alternative skin "Subdued" with a more subtle color scheme.
• Added Inter-App Audio. Stroke Machine can now act as a node for Inter-App Audio hosts like Garage Band, Cubasis and others. If it is active, Stroke Machine's internal pattern sequencer is disabled and the transport buttons control the host sequencer, so Stroke Machine acts purely as a sound generator.
• Added Virtual MIDI. Stroke Machine can now receive MIDI messages from iPad MIDI hosts.
• When Stroke Machine is used with Inter-App Audio or Virtual MIDI, incoming channel-based MIDI messages are routed to the respective Melody Part (MIDI channel 1 to Melody Part 1, channel 2 to Part 2 and so on) rather than the currently selected Melody Part. Incoming notes between C1 and B2 are still mapped to the Drum Parts.
• Added MIDI Clock Synchronization.
• Added MIDI Clock Offset parameters in Clocks and Milliseconds. Adjust Clocks to compensate sync masters sending too many or too few clocks after start, adjust Milliseconds to compensate a fix latency between the sync master and the iPad audio output.
• Added Audio Copy for your pattern or performance recordings to process them in other audio apps.
• Added Audio Paste for samples.
• Added Share Kit and Share Sound to share your kits or sounds via email or Air Drop with others.
• Added FX Bus selection buttons for the currently active sound to the FX page.
• Improved editing of linear controls (including rotary controls when set to linear control mode). Their value is now changed only vertically, moving the finger horizontally increases the resolution for finer adjustments.
• Rotary controls in the Assign view now show if a parameter is modulated (filled indicator) or not (hollow indicator).
• Improved performance and sound of oscillator models Sine, Triangle, Pulse and Sawtooth.
• Empty Pattern Quick Access slots are now filled with the available preset kits.
• Fixed kits, sounds or samples not loading after a while.
• Fixed Pattern Quick Access not showing when a percussion instrument was selected.
• Fixed possible crash in LFO Step waveforms.
• Fixed problem with LFO Fade set to minimum.
• Fixed a bug in oscillator FM causing pitch to increase for higher FM amounts instead of staying centered when using Triangle, Saw or Pulse waveforms. Please check your FM sounds and increase their oscillator frequency/frequencies if necessary.
• Fixed loading of 24 bit samples.
• Fixed problem that clearing a kit didn't always clear the sequences.
• Fixed problem and possible crash with background audio.
• Please download the free app AudioCopy from Retronyms. It assures that your Audio Copy or Paste files keep their names and it allows to manage them.

Comments

• REALLY. REALLY. COOL!!! :-)

• Very nice indeed...

• Wow. That quite an 0.2.

• Valentines Stroke Machine sale?

• Very impressive update.

• Wow.. What a tiny update, not sure it was worth an update with such small gains ;)

• what does 'permanent Audiobus key' mean?

• I think the original was released with a temporary SDK so I guess it fixes that.

Weeee!

• that's probably it. Finally decided to get Stroke Machine.

• @Phil999 Stroke Machine has mind-bending modulation possibilities and this update has a chance of making this one killer app!!

• If all of these upgrades work I think they'll have hit almost everything on my wish list. Given the sound quality/character of this App and what you can achieve with the melodic parts the midi implementation should be an awesome step forward.

• So, did I read correctly that this drum synth is also able to load and use SAMPLES? So, I could have a kit mixed with acoustic and synth drums if I wanted?

• @ChrisG said:

Weeee!

Agreed! :-) The original skin was pretty scary. :-)

• @Audiojunkie yes, it comes with some preloaded with mixed results but now looks like we'll be able to audio paste them in.

• Way cool!!! I like Electrify NXT too, but it suffers from the same problem as Beatmaker2. I wish developers would make the factory loops and samples optional or as an opt-in download, like Sampletank, ThumJam, and others are doing with their samplesets. I'm struggling for space, while looking for ideal drum app. :-)

• I just checked my Stroke Machine(!) only 93MB whilst BM2 4.5GB and Alchemy 4.0GB

• edited February 2014

@Trueyorky Yeah, I probably wasn't clear. I was referring to the fact that Electrify NXT has tons of bloat (around 450MB) like Beatmaker 2, and I wish developers with large demo ("Factory") sound sets would make them an optional download within the app. I don't have any complaints with Stroke Machine's current size. :-)

• No probs, you were very clear. I just wanted to show it isn't bloated pre-update. Might be different when we can drop in our own samples. I also wish dev's offered optional downloads.

• edited February 2014

@Audiojunkie said:

So, did I read correctly that this drum synth is also able to load and use SAMPLES? So, I could have a kit mixed with acoustic and synth drums if I wanted?

You can already do that I reckon, I've dumped a load of sample drum hits in with fun box and I've been using it as a sampler too :) (but yes, audio paste will be a new method in)

• I tried that a couple of times but it didn't seem to like it.

• Yeah.. I tried a few things cause my first batch didn't play... Loaded some others (16 bit, think 1st batch were 24) and the new ones all worked fine... But it did seem a bit sensitive about which I loaded. Hopefully it'll be a bit more robust :)

• @Audiojunkie said:

Way cool!!! I like Electrify NXT too, but it suffers from the same problem as Beatmaker2. I wish developers would make the factory loops and samples optional or as an opt-in download, like Sampletank, ThumJam, and others are doing with their samplesets. I'm struggling for space, while looking for ideal drum app. :-)

And Looptical.

• edited February 2014

Goodness. That's how to do an update. I may have to jump on this now. It's the subdued interface skin that hooked me. heh ;-)

• Yeah, @OmnilimbO, the original skin is REALLY bad. It was one of the things holding me off too. I know the sound is the most important thing, but a good UI and skin makes things easy to use. It can sound great, but if it is a pain to use, that can be off-setting.

• Not too much longer until we should get this superb update.

• perhaps with an accompanying sale since his last one only lasted a day?