Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Stereo Designer by Holderness Media (finally!) just released on the Appstore! (2,69 €)

Comments

• that was easy. Too easy.

• edited February 2014

@TheMetaphysicalCrook - You beat me to it! :)

Stereo Designer is available now for an introductory price of $2.99.

AppStore Link

Q: What is Stereo Designer?

A: Stereo Designer is a stereo shaper and mid/side processing effect for Audiobus, a useful tool for all sorts of creative and corrective purposes.

Q. So tell me, why do I need this?

A. I'm so glad you asked, hypothetical human that might be asking this question! There are several reasons you need this.

Here are some of them.

• You want to create wide, unique stereo image from a synthesizer, drum machine, or any stereo audio for that matter.
    • You want to "stereoize" a mono input source.
    • You want to swap the left and right channels of an input source, or vice versa.
    • You want to adjust balance, mute, boost, apply high and/or low pass filter to the mid and side signals independently.
    • You want to create wide doubling effects for vocals, guitars, whatever you like.
    • You want individual control over the panning position of Input 1 & 2 on your audio interface, instead of being stuck with hard left and right.
    • You just want to put headphones and pan audio all over the place and have fun.

These are just some of the reasons you need it. The biggest reason being you can't be without it. You love Stereo Designer. Stereo Designer loves you. Stereo Designer is watching you. You love Stereo Designer. You have always loved Stereo Designer.
    How many more times can I mention those two hypnotizing, loving words, Stereo Designer?

Ok, dumb jokes aside, here's more videos that should give you an idea if you actually want it or not. :)

Introducing Stereo Designer

Manipulating a stereo image with Stereo Designer

Stereo Designer app walkthrough tutorial

• Excellent release promotion Christoper! Nice one.

• I want to hear the rest of that song in the promo vid!!!!!
    Sweet app, Chris.

• edited February 2014

@thinds said:

Excellent release promotion Christoper! Nice one.

I'm pretty pleased with myself for that little bit of nonsense I came up with on the spot. :)

@OmnilimbO said:

I want to hear the rest of that song in the promo vid!!!!!
    Sweet app, Chris.

Thanks! That's one of my tracks.

http://open.spotify.com/track/2qUuR7fiwv8fCSUmB75dcf

• edited February 2014

Something about HM apps (maybe the ui),cuz I find the transitions very smooth.

Will be getting ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐s

Oh...we can do those

• Congrats on another excellent release Chris!

• @HoldernessMedia Looks good. Have you considered making fx like echo, flanging, etc. available for applying to just side or mid signals?

• Thanks guys! The reviews help a lot, I appreciate it! If you have any of my other apps and can spare a moment, please leave a review. :)

@PaulB said:

@HoldernessMedia Looks good. Have you considered making fx like echo, flanging, etc. available for applying to just side or mid signals?

Absolutely ;)

• Downloading!

• Stereo Designer will support the new State Saving feature in Audiobus 2, so parameters can be recalled in a preset within Audiobus.

http://forum.audiob.us/discussion/3578/new-feature-coming-in-audiobus-2-state-saving#Item_19">State Saving in Audiobus 2

• Very cool app Christopher. One question. The transport in AB only gives you the option of on and off. Can you you have a bypass button there?

• Added to the Holderness collection. It will be its own folder soon. What's next?

• @mgmg4871 said:

Very cool app Christopher. One question. The transport in AB only gives you the option of on and off. Can you you have a bypass button there?

On/Off should actually bypass.

• And my contribution to a superlative app

• @Sebastian said:

@mgmg4871 said:

Very cool app Christopher. One question. The transport in AB only gives you the option of on and off. Can you you have a bypass button there?

That's what I thought @Sebastian, but there is no sound when choosing off. Thanks.

• Awesome! This is a MUST BUY!!! :-)

• Are there any plans to implement Midi for this app and swoopster in the future? So we can automate the movements on the touch pad?

• I think a lot of you know Chris from Holderness, but for those who don't, I just want to say, from working directly with him, that he is a hard working, committed dev and...well, the sound "speaks" for itself.

• @mgmg4871 said:

@Sebastian said:

@mgmg4871 said:

That's what I thought @Sebastian, but there is no sound when choosing off. Thanks.

This is indeed a bug, I believe I may have made a little mistake when implementing the new AB SDK, sorry! I will fix it and release an update very soon!

• @Greg said:

Are there any plans to implement Midi for this app and swoopster in the future? So we can automate the movements on the touch pad?

Yup. I'm currently finishing up the Echo Pad 1.8 update which will add MIDI clock sync for beat-synced delays. I will be adding MIDI control to Stereo Designer and Swoopster soon after. :)

• Awesome, great news!

• Brilliant app, and the price is a steal. I trust that everyone on here knows how great the Holderness Media apps are, but if you are skeptical, or unfamiliar with EchoPad and Swoopster, trust me on this one. It provides something unique that I personally haven't been able to accomplish with other iOS or Audiounit effects. And it's only three bucks!

• Yep definitely sounds brilliant, I have a feeling this one will sit nicely in a lot of AB presets here :). Gotta say I really really love that UI. Big, clean and fast, great use of colors too.

• I was a bit like this hypothetical human and understand I need Stereo Designer :)

• Yep, agree with @ChrisG....really like the look of the app. Clear and crisp!

• I don't think anyone has mentioned it yet but all of Chris' apps are going to support Audiobus 2 state saving. So buy them all. Do it now.