Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Effectrix iPad Edition by Sugar Bytes is now in the AppStore!

Just released today for $17.99.

Info from sugarbytes website:

"Effectrix is the industry standard for audio manipulation. Always tight and as easy to use as finger paint. On the iPad, Effectrix shows off it´s incredible usability. Just grab and draw Effects for immediate results. All common interfaces such as Inter App Audio or Audio Bus are supported. Effectrix works in Auria and also will import songs from your iTunes library. Now available on the App Store."

iPad 2 or later, iPad mini
iOS 7 or later
40 MB free disc space

• Integrated Player (iTunes File Sharing, Music Library, Factory Loops)
  • Integrated Recorder (various options: Start/Stop/Sync/Length)
  • Live Modus (Inputs & Outputs selectable)
  • Inter-App Audio (Effect) & Audiobus Support (Sender & Effect)
  • Audiocopy™/ Audiopaste
  • Full Midi Support (Virtual, Network, Extern)
  • Midi Clock Sync
  • 20 fine loops installed
  • 230 factory presets (100 global, ca. 9 per effect)
  • Redesigned GUI for perfect touch experience

Comments

• edited February 2014

Ops! I accidentally pressed purchase

Edit: Ops this one is bug city. ACP, AB, IAA all have various bugs making it useless right now. So hold on to your cash until it gets sorted..

• edited February 2014

What is it?

JK

• Glitchy and Scratchy Show

• edited February 2014

Manual : http://www.sugar-bytes.de/content/products/Effectrix/manual/Manual_English_iPad.pdf

Product Page: http://www.sugar-bytes.de/content/products/EffectrixIOS/index.php?lang=en

Ok so this is very similar to Sequential. This one is 3x (or so) the price, but the product definitely reflects the price difference. Each effect can have various parameters automated. The effects are Sugar Bytes quality. And effects like time stretch and per-beat reverse loop really makes it the ultimate loop mangler on iOS right now. Not just for drumloops, but anything really.

Another thing, this works like a charm on the touch screen. Unlike Sugar Bytes earlier efforts. It got a really smooth and fast workflow (no needed zoom yay!). So kudos to SB for a job well done on this one.

• Wow (no pun intended)

I wanna feed my addiction, lets see if I control myself!

• I'm in love...always happens when ya least expect it.

• Using audio paste 2.0 crashes Effectrix (iPad Air iOS 7.04). And no general pasteboard support. So no way of getting audio into it, eh? Audioshare as input and Effectrix as effect in Audiobus was a no-go, probably cos there's no midi trigger in Audioshare (and the play button is greyed out in Effctrix when running in AB mode). iTunes filesharing, but...yea...no..

Sugar Bytes? How did you test this?

• I got SeekBeats as AB Input into Effectrix as Effects slot (Beatmaker 2 output), and it worked fine...

• I use Thesys or R960Seq both AB to Triggerfinger Effectrix

• edited February 2014

Yea audioshare was probably a bad example as it doesn't send a "play/stop" command over midi. Thing is, I got all my loops and stuff in Audioshare :/ Edit: NM seems it's something else I'm missing..

Or isn't Audiobuses sidepanel supposed to take care of that? Maybe I'm missing something. Anyway, ACP is definitely broken here. And this is an app that really needs it.

• Geez, 7.15am and I've already bought an app.

• edited February 2014

Can anyone get Figure to trigger Effectrix in Audiobus effect slot (Figure as input)?

SeekBeets doesn't work either here.

@CalCutta what Idevice do you have, and what iOS version?

• I cant get it to work in AB either. And it also crashes when trying to paste audio.

• @MjProduction said:

I cant get it to work in AB either. And it also crashes when trying to paste audio.

iPad and iOS version?

• I tested with Drummachine Funkbox > Effectric and Thesys to send midi to Effectrix for FX's

• @ChrisG said:

@MjProduction said:

I cant get it to work in AB either. And it also crashes when trying to paste audio.

iPad and iOS version?

Air - 7.03

• edited February 2014

@ChrisG said:

Using audio paste 2.0 crashes Effectrix (iPad Air iOS 7.04). And no general pasteboard support. So no way of getting audio into it, eh? Audioshare as input and Effectrix as effect in Audiobus was a no-go, probably cos there's no midi trigger in Audioshare (and the play button is greyed out in Effctrix when running in AB mode). iTunes filesharing, but...yea...no..

Sugar Bytes? How did you test this?

I'm only interested in the IAA functionality.Did you test it (with cubasis in the best case :-) ?Otherwise i also have Turnado (but i hate the usability)or LifeFx and wouldn't need Effectrix.Maybe i should just wait until they add IAA for Turnado but again,i don't like the interface.Or maybe i don't like that its just TOO complex for my taste :)

edit:when i saw even AB problems here my hope for a functional IAA support felt down below zero in a heartbeat..

• @MjProduction said:

@ChrisG said:

@MjProduction said:

iPad and iOS version?

Air - 7.03

Thanks. Air 7.04 here. Yet another Air issue? Blaahhrrgh..

• Dang. Struggling to not hit the buy button.

• General Pasteboard works if I delete the ACP 2.0 app. Oh well, better then nothing until it gets sorted out. :)

• Cubasis IAA worked fine though!

• I have an Air 7.0.4

Pretty sure that Effectrix is defaulting to only accept an external MIDI clock. Quick look around and I couldn't find how to set it to work under an internal clock. So yeah, guess I will only be using this with Beatmaker 2 for the time being (my current preferred master clock). MIDIBus would probably also be helpful for folks in this situation.

• Hey @CalCutta I see you BM2 user. Do you find it has a little tempo jump when swiping between bm2 and other apps using audio bus? I normally layer stuff with bm2 running in loop mode but find it quite unusable as it is. Wondering if anyone else experienced this.

• Yeah there are def. jumps/jitters/ticks. I don't use it in a looper capacity specifically because of that. More of a daw-type thing with effects in ab-slot instead of plug-ins (hehe it's about patience and keeping bite-sized goals).

Effectrix working sounds cool as hell though. I can't lie.

• edited February 2014

Auria and IAA works. Kinda, The sync keeps drifting, and it obviously don't know the marker position. But the tempo drifting isn't good. I'm guessing it's the same in all other iDAWs. Well, it's an awesome demo at least...

• edited February 2014

didn't drift in Beatmaker 2 for me at all

edit: or at least not to any immediately noticeable place, and I had a loop goin' for a few minutes

• Did i miss something?i thought BM2 still lacks the IAA effect functionality,just instruments?!So,seems like the typical hit or miss on different devices with internal synced apps.I'm soooo tired of this -.-

• nah you're on the right path, pretty sure this is a sync-based issue

and yeah, on the more general whole, when MIDI plays nice within all apps in iOS stuff, it will be a great day hehe

• edited February 2014

Using it via IAA in Audioshares internal IAA effect chain works pretty well. You gotta set the tempo manually in Effectrix though for every new loop you load inside Audioshare (whereas with something like Auria, it'll recieve BPM data from the host). Whenever the loops starts over in Audioshare, the sequence re-triggers in Effectrix, so it does keep track of whenever the loop loops. Still, lots of kinks to work out here, Sugar Bytes.

*ACP 2.0 crash

*Sync with host apps, and the drifting

*Audiobus. It doesn't trigger when using using the Audiobus sidepanel play/stop/rewind. Or any command from the "input" app, when used in the effect slot.