Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiobus 2 is launching on Thursday, April 3rd 2014

Comments

• edited December 2013

Good question @yan. There was a lot of discussion about optimizing the 'select an app' interaction at one point a while back. Perhaps those sorts of things will be included in the [watch this space] updates. :) They're not evident in the video holdernessmedia made.

• @syrupcore said:

There was a lot of discussion about optimizing the 'select an app' interaction at one point a while back.

See here: http://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/23239

• Please add and option to have a 1024 or even 2048 samples buffer. I know there is some delay but for some apps and with the new features would be fine for people with older devices trading some latency for more apps running side by side...

• Now more complex routings are possible, can effects be bypassed? via MIDI CC#? Thinking stomp here.

• ok so can it be used with ipad 2

• Yes, but as you can imagine, not with multiple inputs, effects, or outputs. Probably similar to what we have now, but presets can be saved.

• @kennyrox said:

ok so can it be used with ipad 2

Yes.

• lets say i want to use auria and AB with a focusrite 6i6. will i be able to route audio from auria and AB to the 6i6 simultaneously?

• also how will audiobus work with multiple channel interfaces?

• Hey there. I just wanted to add my two cents about latencies. I'm hoping there's a way you can talk to other companies to get them to support 1024 sample latency since I run an original iPad 2. I'm also hoping for 128 for those with faster devices. :) Cheers and thanks.

• edited December 2013

@ProgressiveSoul said:

also how will audiobus work with multiple channel interfaces?

AB doesn't deal with hardware interfaces directly. AB is inter-app.

• So yeah. But still no sync options?! A hit/miss workflow I never got used to.
    Thank God for ACP.

• edited December 2013

@Washboy said:

@ProgressiveSoul said:

That is not correct for Audiobus 2. We're aiming to support multi-channel interfaces directly and let users include individual channels of them as separate inputs.

• @Brad_Moore said:

So yeah. But still no sync options?! A hit/miss workflow I never got used to.
    Thank God for ACP.

It's very high on our list of features that we'd like to provide to our users. We can't tell yet if we can add it to Audiobus 2 or to a later release.

• edited December 2013

Will there be any discount for new buyers of audiobus for the new version?

• @Iamsaitam said:

Will there be any discount for new buyers of audiobus for the new version?

It's going to be the same app. Also Apple doesn't allow for any sort of update pricing if that's what you mean.

• edited December 2013

@Michael said:

Ah, those were the days. Can't wait for the update!

• @Sebastian said:

@Washboy said:

@ProgressiveSoul said:

That is not correct for Audiobus 2. We're aiming to support multi-channel interfaces directly and let users include individual channels of them as separate inputs.

Sorry for the mis-information - I didn't realise your plans went that far. Wow! Looking forward to v2 :D

• edited December 2013

Just bought AudioBus after waiting to see what iOS7 was going to do with it. Decided to give it a go and like it. Now I see version 2 is about to be ready. Will this be a free update from the current app?

Nevermind: just read another reply from you, ie. that it's going to be a free update to the current app, and only the multiple channels feature will be an IAP. Is this correct?

• @skiphunt said:

Just bought AudioBus after waiting to see what iOS7 was going to do with it. Decided to give it a go and like it. Now I see version 2 is about to be ready. Will this be a free update from the current app?

Nevermind: just read another reply from you, ie. that it's going to be a free update to the current app, and only the multiple channels feature will be an IAP. Is this correct?

Yep, that's the current plan.

• Okay, is it 2014 yet? Oops :(

• I've just recently been using AudioBus, and I am already very much looking forward to the coming update! AudioBus is a simple & well-designed app that, quite frankly, is essential to the iPhone 5 studio I'm putting together (and I'd think anyone would need for the same). I'm still a little mesmerized by all this capability in the palm of my hand (to overuse a cliche')!
    One desire: the ability to sync the playback and record start of separate apps. Sure, I can edit audio tracks in GB, but since AudioBus can access controls for said apps, how far a leap is it to build in this functionality?
    Nonetheless, I will be using AudioBus a lot!

• @Brian:
    Sync is on our to-do list.

• Is it soup yet?

• +1 for soup!

• I am so up for soup...

• Did someone say Soup? :-)

• "Please sir, may I have some more?"

• edited January 2014

MORE?!?!! THERE IS NO MORE!!!!! .....I truly hope that isn't true! Hahaha!!!

• Sorry! @Audiojunkie, Dickens reference....must be the holidays affecting my brain!