Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiobus 2 is launching on Thursday, April 3rd 2014

Comments

• And the ability to save a preset for that setup... awesome!

• edited December 2013

@Sinapsya said:

@Michael Would be cool if is possible that Loopy in Effect slot can record other Apps in input slot and can send at the same time the Audio to an App like Auria in Output slot…

Or better if an Otput app (Loopy) can be routing in another input slot in a new level for going through an effect and an output daw (Auria)

Say, like this?

(This ability to appear in multiple places at once is currently app-dependent)

@syrupcore said:

I'm pooping. It's a total mess. Looks amazing fellas!

Two think-it's-safe-to-answer questions:

1: can I save a big bus route preset that has 12 Loopy outputs in the input slots?

2: can the same output app be in multiple output slots?

1+2, use case translated: can I record 12 loopy tracks directly into say Auria with AB2? Possibly passing certain tracks through effects apps? Saved as a preset?

Yep =)

• edited December 2013

@Michael I love you ;-)

if you were a woman I would marry you…

• So, @Michael, I noticed that you are able to post pictures to the forum. Any way you can set that up for us to do the same? :-)

• @Sinapsya said:

@HoldernessMedia This is what I have think I can do if I buy it….but I'm not sure if is good…
    Or you think Duet is better?

It depends, I chose the ONE because I wanted the built in microphone and the ability to run on batteries. It was a tough decision, the DUET is great. I was using a FireWire 1st gen Duet for several years before updating to the new ONE.

• @AllYouMichaelLovers - eccecello is taking donations for Michael clones in his Berlin thread. Hit him up!

• edited December 2013

@Audiojunkie Can't we already?

• Please add a feature to the forum that allows us to hump another member's leg. I'd like to start with @michael's. Thx.

• @Audiojunkie said:

So, @Michael, I noticed that you are able to post pictures to the forum. Any way you can set that up for us to do the same? :-)

Oh, whoops! It wasn't enabled for everyone else. Okay, should work now (you should see "Attach a file" just above the "Post Comment" button. Lemme know if not.

• Nice, no need any other photo upload website....

• SO EXCITED!

• I think my question was missed, or is missed the answer :P

If I update to Audiobus 2 on my iPad 2, will i experience performance decrease, or will that only occur if I push the app with too much going on?

• This was answered in another thread, so you probably just missed it.

@Michael said:

@wayni said:

I understand we would want the quickest iPad possible but will AB2 run on an iPad 2? Could you provide a detail or two regarding this?

AB2'll run on an iPad 2 - you'll be able to use it just like AB1 if you wish, with one pipeline only. We're not making anything less efficient, but we're allowing you to do more at once (which you may need stronger hardware for)

So that's good news. :)

• @Sebastian said:

MusicInclusive said:

Will there be a way - (is it possible to make it so even given sandboxing?) - that you can not only save the "bus routes" but also the setups for each app? That would be very cool... :-)

Please watch this space for further announcements about this.

With great interest! Thanks Sebastian!

• Looks like a great update although nothing beats the easiness of setting IAA effects in send or insert slots on on instruments or audiofiles in cubasis :-p It's stil a bit messy right now but my hopes are high for the future.I never used an effect in the AB slot,don't know why...But it seems that i'll be able to route multiple channels from cubasis to Auria in AB2 which is a great addition.And of course i'll upgrade AB a second after it hits the app store.

• @Michael said:

@Audiojunkie said:

So, @Michael, I noticed that you are able to post pictures to the forum. Any way you can set that up for us to do the same? :-)

Oh, whoops! It wasn't enabled for everyone else. Okay, should work now (you should see "Attach a file" just above the "Post Comment" button. Lemme know if not.

Thanks, @Michael!

• edited December 2013

@Crabman said:

Looks like a great update although nothing beats the easiness of setting IAA effects in send or insert slots on on instruments or audiofiles in cubasis :-p It's stil a bit messy right now but my hopes are high for the future.

Agreed. Regarding IAA I'm hoping for iOS 7.1.

• Thanks @PaulB. I've only had time to look at this thread so yeah, missed it.

• edited December 2013

AB2 is the materialization of friedrich Nietzsche's prediction of the "super-app". the mothership of the apps. i want it now.

regarding to crowd-founding to clone michael, i must admit we will need years to achieve a reliable copy... but what about stuffed dolls meanwhile?? i would pay to have a small stuffed-michael on my couch, or a plastic one to put on the car dashboard.

t-shirts are ok... but couldn't you sell michael's small figures as merch??

i think with the new 3D printers this wouldn't be very difficult to be produced. i would even give it as a christmas gift to some of my friends/family. it would be the sensation of these christmas!

• Apparently some stores are offering a 3d scan and print service for anyone who wants to buy a statuette of themselves, so this idea is actually quite feasible.

• @eccecelllo wins the creepy-post award for the interwbs today with his talk of stuffed Michaels on his couch and then the over the top "buying his 'small fingers'" comment. I shall call him Wild Bill from now on. IT PUTS THE LOTION IN THE BASKET.

hahahaha. I joke.

• How about a talking doll of Sebastian that shouts "Link Please"

• Howzabout a Morris doll that tells me what I'm thinking before I get a chance to think about thinking it? A DOLL THAT SCOOPS ME ON MY OWN MIND. @mgmg4871 likely already posted about this.

• A Morris bobble head doll always shaking his head yes for me to click the buy button.

• Lol. @syrupcore No, I would have never thought that up. @funjunkie that's too funny.

• I weakened and bought chordpolypad today (what a ripper).
    So, I again watched Doug's great review of the app - it's your fault I'm poorer mate! - and watched him lose Cassini in the ream of apps that display in the Input section.
    I don't know if this has already been addresses, but it makes me ask, Is it possible to include a search function to locate specific apps that are listed? There are a number of apps like iSem that are listed under 'A' for Arturia, and I'm often lost like Doug was and get irritated scrolling up and down.