Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Arturia ISEM (new synth by Nave Devs)

Comments

• Looks good. Perhaps too similar to iMini? I don't know. And I'm not going to stick 7 quid in the slot to find out. Too many synths, dammit.

• I have the original SEM and is my favorite synth....sond now!

• Holy shit,i was SO hoping that this could be ported to iOS.Bye,i'm off to get myself a giftcard. ..

• edited October 2013

At least one of the Nave devs since one of them works for Waldorf. I guess it was this Rolf from Tempo Rubato refered to in a twitter where he recently said he was working on a secret project for another company that was close to release (or something along those lines).

Yes it does seem to borrow framework from their other synth. I wanna know things like how playable it is on a touchscreen before buying, devs always leaves that part out. Can you resize the keys to your own preference, does it have scales/blades, are the keys/blades modulated and so on.

• Thanks Morris if it's made buy the people who make Imini then that's good enough for me !
    Just bought it and the first preset is full of lovely warm VA love MMmmmmmm.

• I think you'll probably find that this synth will have sonic characteristics you won't easily get out of other iOS synths.

• Mgmg did you see if they had any audio demos up?

• edited October 2013

here are some nice demos.It's a german review (of the vst plugin),just scroll down a bit.Of course,it's another synth i don't need but i just love the SEM,damned :)

http://www.amazona.de/test-arturia-oberheim-sem-v-software-synthesizer/

• I wish this hadn't been so hush hush secret. If I had known this was coming out I probably wouldn't have bought the Cube synth last week. I'm definitely getting synth app overload, don't need any more synths.

• Thanks crabman!

Yea I'm getting a backlog of synths and music apps I need to learn. But can't complain, there are worse things

• All I need to say is go to the App Store and get it. This is awesome.

• Wow this is even better than Imini scrollable keyboard with zoom super responsive arpeggiator and great step sequencer I could go on and I know we have all spent a lot recently on synths
    But this is a MUST HAVE.

• AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a MUST HAVE!!!! I wish I hadn't purchased ArcticPro and Cube Synth, because now I have to wait a little bit, but I definitely plan to get it!!!!! Best news in a long time!!!!!!

@Multitouch iMini has a scrollable keyboard with zoom, and it works great! :-)

• Tutorial here.

• i love the fact that every of the eight voices can have a totally different sound.Just like the old eight-voice.

• ^^ This! :-) I'm really excited about this synth!!!!! :-)

• Dammit.

• When will I be famous? Listen to these iSEM demos...

http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/products/iSem/media.html

• Mine is only iSEM - no additional processing.

• Does anyone know if this is the normal price or a special sale/intro price?

Thanks

• edited October 2013

Yes, but the better feature of 8 voice is the UNISON mode and there isn't :-(

• Really really like this one, the sounds this thing can make are more up my alley then the Moog sound from the iMini (and the two sound nothing alike, two very different synths for anyone wondering since they do share some of the same GUI elements, like the top connect bar etc).

• Sorry @audiojunkie I meant it's better than Imini in a general term and I was quickly trying to describe some of its features for the benifit of those who don't have it yet peace !

• Strange....on iSEM tutorial video the man say Apple Garage Band, Audiobus, but don't say iMpc....say another app and don't use TT for demo that there is the only IAA host out....have some problem with his previous developer Retronyms???

• I worked like a charm in IAA with Looptical and Tabletop.

• anyone out there able to test this with Beatmaker2 - can you control it using the BM2 keyboard? iMini doesn't seem to respond well to virtual midi from other apps (like BM2 or Magellan for example)

• bah @ putting settings in the Settings.app instead of in app.

• edited October 2013

@Sinapsya But the plugin version is only one module I believe. iPad would need to run 8 instances of this synth to accomplish what you see in that video. Even tho this got 8 voice polyphony it's still "only" 2 osc sections and a sub running at any given time.

Edit: Disclaimer , I don't really know what I'm talking about tho. So correct me if I'm wrong! :)

• Read the app description