Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beatmaker 2.5 Submitted to Apple

Hi everyone,

BeatMaker 2.5 is about to be reviewed by Apple, in the meantime we are thrilled to share some insights about this great free update !

► Apple Inter-app audio hosting: Record, sequence and control your favorite audio apps inside and outside BeatMaker 2.

► INTUA Sound Store: Get free and paid high-quality extension kits through in-app purchases

► MIDI learning directly on the drum sampler pads, and every automatizable controls in BeatMaker 2 (pad note, mixer controls, etc.)

► Version 2.5 is fully compatible with the new iPhones 5S/5c and iOS 7

Here is the full feature list:

Compatible with Apple iOS Inter-App Audio (iOS7 only, iPhone+iPad)
INTUA Sound Store for getting new kits and sound banks
MIDI note learn on drum machine: configure each drum sampler exactly like your MIDI controller
MIDI Clock and MIDI transport messages improved
Quick MIDI CC touch’n'learn on instruments, mixer and effects controls
Every instrument will listen on MIDI Channel #1 by default
Take-over mode for reading back sequencer automations
Looping will no longer reset automations
OMNI disabled by default
MIDI Clock messages are sent by default
Auto-saved sessions (“Last Session”) now saved with project name, in a special directory “Auto-saved Sessions”
MIDI configuration templates will now save custom note mapping
GM Drum mapping mode in Drum Machine MIDI configuration panel
Note length can be edited directly on the pattern editor
Missing samples will still be displayed on pads and keyboard mapping editor for easier recovery (prefixed with a cross)
Update to Audiobus SDK 1.0.2
Other fixes and enhancements

Comments

• Nice looking update! "automatizable" though?

• edited September 2013

It's a War:

• Beatmaker2
    • Tabletop
    • Auria

How is the first to implement IAA?
    I accept bets...

• No word about putting the long faders back into the ipad version though.I really appreciate the developers effort but i was hoping for some tweaks on the UI.While it makes sense on the phone (mostly)it's totally not intuitive on the iPad imo.I'll just play arround with it until the next cubasis update shows up and then i'm off again...the workflow is too dated for my taste.

• edited September 2013

@Sinapsya Don't forget Cubasis! They are focusing on this for their next update. :-)

• Its screaming out for a new ui,but still nice to have the update.thanks for moving on this fast intua.

• Yea I can't really get along with the UI either, some small changes would really go a long way though.

Btw, I like this screen:

http://intua.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/2.5-1.png

• My money is on Beatmaker 2 (and I can't believe i'm saying that honestly)

• This looks really good. Seems like Intua always delivers.

Not sure I totally understand inter-app audio yet, though. I'm wondering if something like the following will be possible:

1. send MIDI notes from BM2 to iMini
    2. send iMini's output to AUFX:Space
    3. send AUFX:Space's output back into an audio track in BM2

If inter-app audio can make that happen without any fussing, that would be really nice.

• edited September 2013

Woah...that's sexy, @ChrisG . Where'd ya get that one? I want it.

On a side note though...how hard could it possibly be to let users delete sound banks from BM2? Seriously though.

• Now they have a shop,maybe we can give stuff back.

• Very sneaky lifting that right off their home page...

• I know, but I'm a...ninja. Can't help it. :(

• Has anyone found out of they made it possible to delete the crap samples?

• Great news! BeatMaker2 is (at the moment) the only "real" DAW for me on my iPhone... and with this update it will be the best for me by a country mile. Great that there is still one usable DAW (of course my personal meaning) for an iPhone warrior ;)

• @Galaxyexplorer, I'm with ya. The fact that BM2 is universal is why it's been my go-to DAW for the past year or so when I'm recording on the go. I will say... I did pick up looptical last night and I can see where it has a lot of potential. I'm not saying it will replace BM2 yet. Not even anywhere near being able to say something like that, but I do like what I'm seeing so far.

And to just echo what I said yet, how hard can it be to allow users to delete a sound bank? What in the app could possibly require a given sound bank to be present? Maybe there is something that makes it mandatory, but I can't imagine what it would be right now. I just want to delete about 85% of the current sound sets. I import my own. And its perfect for that (well, not perfect because of the file system, but it's as close as I can get today).

So pumped to see this update is coming. Intua may not respond much on their forums, but they do a darn good job with BM2 updates imho.

• @boone51: "Looptical" is on my appstore wishlist but i'm running out of space :(
    I also don't use normally the BM2 sounds or instruments. All my tracks are made with AudioTracks. If NanoStudio would have AudioTracks (and side chain)....

• IAA has just given bm2 all the sound banks it would ever need.for that matter all daws could now ditch their sound banks.

These are mobile devices that can do without the bloat.

• I'm looking forward to this one! Midi learn will be a major improvement, especially since usb midi support came to the iPhone. If only Apple had put 128GB of storage into the 5S I think I'd be getting one now but I will probably wait for the 6, which I hope will have that as an option. Damn, musicians need a lot of storage space. I struggle to keep some free space on the 64GB Devices. Being able to delete unnecessary sounds would definitely be very nice. Anyways, looking forward to 2.5.

• @commonstookie

I disagree with you here (that iOS DAWs should get rid of soundbanks). If you are talking about apps that can import their own instrument samples such as BM2, then sure, we don't need presets as much. But for DAWs like Cubasis, the built in instruments (even if not great) come in very handy for sketching out songs without initially rendering to lots of bloated audioclips via audiobus or IAA. It also saves having to recreate app chain configurations every time you want to work on a particular song.

Once I have the core of the song down and I want to start MIDIing out parts to synths and effects to record, then yes the presets become less important.

• I thought I could save a few bucks by going with BM2 over Cubasis, but I came to regret it. Once I gave up and made the switch, there was no going back. BM2 was giving me glitching, wasn't syncing, and was a pain to use. All my problems were instantly solved when I made the switch. I won't be checking out BM2.5

• Can't wait to try her out ;)

• Great news!!! Was wondering why we hadn't heard from Intua lately.

• They need a reason?

• @eyeballjackson - exactly the same here. I thought BM2's price point and features would make in an obvious choice over Cubasis. Turned out BM2 just does not work for me.

I was hoping this update would bring about a brand new UI and reduce the bloat. That MIGHT have made me switch back. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case. And now, with IAA and automation just around the corner for Cubasis I feel no need to even look at another DAW.

Still for those who cherish BM2 this is great news. Enjoy!

• The redeeming feature to BM2 is its sampling capabilities. If the factory samples could be deleted and the over all size of the app could be reduced to under 100Mb, It could serve as a very handy sampler......

• I haven't tried, but can the samples be removed with iFunBox?

• No, it's been tried from what I hear.

• I figured it had, but I couldn't remember with any certainty. Bummer!

• The geek tried it. JMSexton.