Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auria 50% off 1 day sale

edited August 2013 in General App Discussion

Auria and Auria le will go on sale for one day only tomorrow 8/21 both for 50 % off!

Comments

• Do the plugins ever go on sale?

• I've never seen them on sale! This is the first time since launch that the DAW has gone on sale!

• Actually Auria was on sale for half off when I bought it earlier this year. No regrets at $24.99.

• My mistake:(

• @PaulB:what do you mean?They are always on sale compared to their PC counterparts ;-) I mean c'mon...they are really worth the price.ALL of them.you can't expect pro quality as a gift...

• I already have the full version and paid full for it. No regrets. :-) However, honestly, I have to say that I've been struggling with having enough room on my tablet and chose to delete it for now and I am only using Cubasis. Not because I don't like Auria, but because I don't have enough space and it doesn't yet have a sequencer.......and I only have an iPad 2....hehehe! ...but I like it, even if I don't have it installed on my system right now! :-)

• I'm in a similar boat @Audiojunkie. I still have it on my 32G iPad 4, but never installed it on my 16G iPad mini due to space constraints.

• What if you have auria le...can I get the full app for 12 bucks

• Makes sense to me. But I don't know for sure.

• @kennyrox:Have a look into the auria iap menu.You should see the upgrade price there.

• edited March 2014

• I hope Cubasis doesn't since I haven't long purchased it at full price :P I would be tempted by Auria, but I'm happy with Cubasis for now. Plus even at half price I can't justify it. Maybe next time, when I have a later gen iPad.

• I didn't think it would ever go on sale. Glad I held out though!

• Sorry if this isn't the place to ask, but while plugins were mentioned, any suggestions as to which auria plugins are the most useful?

I understand it's a bit suggestive and dependent on what you're doing, but any input would be great. I have a few bucks to spend on a plugin, wondering what I should go for...

• I only have Saturn and Drumagog. I haven't spent enough time in Drumagog to appreciate it, but I really like the Saturn plug-in! It has some great capabilities with modulation and eq.

• http://auriaapp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=10928&sid=cf25a71e5a2517c13fc556f971431bf3

Try this link. If you just buy one plugin you can't go wrong with Fabfilter Pro-Q. Not an exciting or exotic plugin, but very useful.

• It took me a while to decide what i was going to get. Since they were so expensive I wanted to get the most bang for my buck. So after much research and debate I bought Timeless 2 first because it can emulate a bunch if different effects alone and comes with a ton of presets so I felt like it covered the most ground. Them I debated between Saturn and Volcano, an ended up getting Saturn and am very glad I did. It too can do a great deal and I felt with these two alone I could do a lot rather than getting a more specific plugin.

Timeless 2 can do delay, echo, chorus, flanger, phaser, reverb, distortion, scratch effects and more..and they are well categorized for things like keys/synths, percussion, best of.., basic, fx, guitar, and others. It has tons of modulation options and L & R channels

Then I finally got the wonderful Pro-Q and then Drumagog, followed by a few of the lighter weight plugins like DCAM EnvShaper and I think BusComp. In regards to Drumagog its great at what it does once you learn It and you can insert your own Gog files. Do note that Drumagog does take up an extra 400+ mb of space.

So IMHO I feel that if you're looking to get the most bang for your buck and cover most effect types but still have great quality I chose Timeless 2 and/or Saturn. Saturn has some resource heavy presets but I am on an iPad 2 and as long I take precautions can run it fine.

• edited August 2013

If I only have $12... Is LE worth it?

and I don't know enough about DAWs to make sense of the comparison here http://www.auriaapp.com/Products/auria#AuriaFeatureList

• @LouDur ProQ. Start there for sure. I also like ProC. Have Saturn and Volcano as well as a few reverbs, but ProQ is the must-have.

As far as the LE version being worth it...Check here;
    http://blog.auriaapp.com/introducing-auria-le/

For me, the track freeze alone would make the LE version a deal breaker. Auria eats up a lot of CPU when I get it cranking with automation and plugins and if I couldn't freeze tracks I'm pretty sure it'd be useless to me. If you have 25 it's more than worth it imo.

• Thanks a lot for the info folks, much appreciated! Will probably go with ProQ as I was leaning that way, but will definitely keep Timeless 2 in mind @JMSexton.

About Drumagog, can you replace a drum machine (say an imported DM1 beat with separate tracks for each sample) and get a natural sounding drum? I'll check the auria forums.

Thanks again.

• ohhh, might be a dealbreaker there especially on my iPad 2. Thanks guys

• Yes it can completely replace certain or all pieces (kick, snare, hihat, etc) or just accent/mix with the original to give it more umph. It does a good job separating parts and you can adjust it to make it select certain areas and frequencies as well as other settings. The biggest thing is I takes up a good chunk of space. Here's a vid, hopefully it does a good job showing it.

• Thanks for posting @JMSexton. Definitely need to get up to speed on Drumagog!

• edited August 2013

@JMSexton, thanks for posting the video. If lets say the kick track has all the same value (cause you're using a drum machine and you haven't changed the volume/intensity of the sample through the pattern), can drumagog add it's own variances by triggering different gog files or do the variances already have to be there for drumagog to switch samples? Sorry, hope that question makes sense...

• Yes it has multiple "kits" (don't know what to call them) and inside each kit it has multiple hits for each section (kick, snare, etc...) and it will jump between different ones. It normally jumps between the same two or three to keep consistency without being all over the place. Not sure if you can adjust how many diff ones it picks but I do know you can mute select ones so if you don't like that hit just mute it

• It really is a good program and comes with a good set to begin with, just takes up a bit of space. Very good program? effect? Lol whatever it is, it is very good

• @JMSexton, thank! Exactly the info I wanted. ProQ might have to wait! Love that I can start with a simple drum machine and end up with a realistic sounding drum.

• Last question @JMSexton, does the auria drumagog version have cymbals or hithats?

• Yeah, drumagog is definitely on my list of upcoming purchases. I don't think it comes with cymbals but Rim has said he would make them available to anyone who wanted them for free. He's been sending people emails with links to them I believe over in the forum. Best bet would be to ask over there to be sure. Rim is very responsive in the forums.

http://auriaapp.com/forum/index.php

• Thanks @Boone51. Appreciate it.