Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Apps that Sync and play well together

When I get a new app with Midi Clock Sync support,I like to test how well the app will sync with other apps running on the same Ipad,then I put them into one of three categories,"Can Sync try's to Sync and can't Sync" can Sync are the main one's I use,because they allow me to Automate many things at once,can Sync apps fall into this category when,they respond to midi start and stop messages in time right on the beat and when they can accurately track midi tempo for the length of a song or longer say ten mins.
Some apps only recieve midi clock but can still Sync well.At this moment in time my apps that Sync well together are LoopyHd,EasyBeats 3 Pro,Bleep!Box,Genome midi sequencer,Little midi sequencer,StepPolyArp,Mobile Music Sequencer,Werkbench,Anamini,AnaDestro and then there are soundscape apps and synths that I need to test but if anyone else knows of any other apps that sync well please let us know I've heard Funkbox can Sync but I don't own it so can't say.

Comments

• funkbox is definitely a fucking champ when it comes to sync. I've pretty much settled on "if it's not syncing with funkbox, its the other apps fault". No idea if that's true or not but it seems to be the case.

I've definitely had trouble getting Werkbench to sync to Loopy and funkbox. Other times, no problem.

I'd love to see a list of "I got these to work together". Perhaps instead of a random thread of apps that sync well, this thread will turn into a list of tested sync recipes.

• I tend to agree with the known to work recepies since there are so many variations of what may or may not work. However, seeing the list of apps that are known to work well with each other is useful too. For example, I'm now interested in Bleep!Box now that I know that it works well with midi syncing. :-)

• edited August 2013

Ok, initial testing:

Apps that sync well to Cubasis

FunkBox, MoDrum, Beat-Machine, Molten Drum Machine, DrumJam, Korg Electribe

• I wish DM1 worked properly with Cubasis! Has anyone been able to get Easybeats 3 Pro to work with Cubasis?

• @MultiTouch I'm having difficulties with getting Easybeats 3 Pro to sync with Cubasis. Have you tried it with Cubasis? I don't see any settings in Easybeats. What are the settings that you are using?

• @Audiojunkie I had the same problem with the app then I mailed the Dev and he got back to me straight away with info that I shared in a thread about EasyBeats Pro 3 what it basically said was
    EasyBeats Pro 3 is a Midi clock client/slave that doesn't show up in any apps but just listen's to the network for Midi clock then follows it but you have to select Network as an output in the Master Midi clock App and Werkbench is the same there might be others too.

• Interesting! Thanks for letting me know! I don't think that option exists in Cubasis though..... Do you have Cubasis? I'd like to find out if anyone has had any success with Cubasis and Easybeats 3 Pro.

• @audiojunkie, @multitouch

i have also e-mailed easybeats pro 3 dev and no answer yet.
    because i have tried this "gost" clock sync with my iphone, and it didn't work (i tried with loopy and easybeats and werkbench).

• Cubasis doesn't listen, it only sends.

• @Audiojunkie I wish I could help but I don't own Cubasis.@eccecello I have just tried
    Loopy HD,EasyBeats Pro 3 and Werkbench with Loopy sending clock to the network and at first
    Werkbench would go out of sync then I changed the Audiobus buffer size from 256 to 512 instead then Werkbench was fine and all three synced beautifully.I'm using an Ipad 4 but I heard that Apple have disabled core midi on the IPhone and I wonder what effect if any this has on virtual midi apps that run on the IPhone Also I'm in the process of setting up a make shift camera rig so I can post videos of apps syncing together.

• @multitouch dissabled core midi in iphone?? oh my god... that would be catastrophic for me. my iphone 5 works perfect with midi so far.

you say loopy sending clock to "red session1"? but without computer, right? ...i don't know, this is a really weird way. i don't understand why all apps don't put a setting like MoDrum, which mid synchronizes, by the way, like god.

• Did anyone figure out how to sync up Easybeats 3 with Cubasis? It seems like the perfect drum machine for me, but I need to trigger the beats via cubasis midi, or at least have cubasis's play button trigger the sequencer in easybeats.

FYI easybeats shows up in audio bus in cubasis as AUDIO v

So why not workable with midi? They two go hand in hand with other apps I am using like animoog and iMS-20

help plz mr easybeats! :)