Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Video Demo of Ultra Phaser from elephantcandy

You can do so much more than just your standard phaser effect with this..just run through the factory presets for this video with a guitar and some bass guitar..the bass guitar sounds very rich and warm..really like this.

Comments

• Yesterday I was playing with the RMI Pianos included in iElectric Piano and decided to run those through this amazing phaser.
    And that's what it is - Amazing!
    Thanks for the video!

• Yeah I've been too busy, but I can't wait to try Ultraphaser with external sources like bass guitar. It's a winner! My favorite iOS effect app!

• Iv'e used some phasers in the past, hardware and software and they have tended to make the sound tinny..but this is warm and rich..a very well designed app I think..

• The center freq control helps with that, IMO

• Can anyone advise on hoe this compares to the phasers in JamUp or Ampkit?

• edited August 2013

This is sonically superior and exponentially more flexible than those stompbox models.

• Awfully tempted, but I've been trying to slow down the app acquisitions lately.

• it's not like they'll be taking it off the market or anything ;)
    I had promised myself "no more apps this month," but I'm a certifiable phaser freak, so I had to make an exception.

• Also note (prob already know) that the jog wheel in the center controls each slider as long as you touch that parameter first.

• edited August 2013

yeah, the jog wheel is very handy for fine tuning.

FWIW, I can't think of a currently produced hardware phaser that approaches the flexibility of Ultraphaser. I'm not into VSTs, but I imagine there's something out there that compares well. As for iOS... nothing comes remotely close.

If phasers aren't your thing and an MXR stompbox model satisfies your craving, then Ultraphaser isn't a must-have. But this thing can do sounds that approximate chorus/flange type effects as well. It is a VERY useful tool...

• Ok...I caved and picked it up. It's amazing how creative I can be when it comes to rationalizing a purchase! Just wish I was as creative with music ;-). Quite impressed. Ran it on the input with a variety of presets in Ampkit, and....wow! Very nice!

• edited August 2013

Thanks for the demo - looks (and sounds) great!

• This sounds really good with Pearl Guitar through Audiobus (really, no advertising intended) :)

• edited August 2013

@Flo26 - interesting. Can you give an example of a phaser sound you like (not necessarily one of your own). Because it seems to me Ultraphaser can do most classic phase sounds quite well, in addition to more modern ones.
    @Funjunkie27 - I knew you'd come around. BWAH HA HA HA

• @Flo26 not questioning your ears, taste, or experience with phasers. im just trying to see where youre coming from. Gilmour makes a useful reference for sure. You might have success if you stay in 4 stage mode, reduce the width a bit, drop the center frequency a bit...
    that said, you probably have a point about Ultraphaser excelling at smoother phase sounds - closer to the TC electronics phaser sounds than some of the analog sounds. Flexible as it is, phaser characters can be very different. And while I like gritty, grainy MXR type sounds, I have a fondness for the smoother, liquid sounding phases too.

• Your view is valued here as well. Are there any iOS/AB phase effects you prefer? 'Cuz I want em ALL!

• Yeah not so thrilled with the jamup effects myself, Turnado definitely has a nice phaser, but not too analog sounding to my ears. Let me know if you ever find an iOS phaser that does those Small Stone or Phase 90 sounds better than Ultraphaser, because I'll buy it.

getting kind of a small stone sound right now with a sequence from Cassini. I'll have stuff to share that shows this app off fairly soon.

• @eyeballjackson - I'd love to hear anything you've made with this. I've been too busy to play with it since yesterday. All I've done so far was put a guitar into the iPad with it in the IP slot and a few other apps In the OP. I have my monthly jam with co-workers in a couple of weeks, so I'd like to get more familiar with this by then. In fact, I better get going now! And btw...I blamed you when my wife asked where all our money was going ;-). Of course, if I wasn't buying apps, she'd be spending our money on food and other frivolous things.

• after listening to the demo video I had the same impression like Flo, and in fact generally with virtual phasers (VST, AU). Maybe the u-he Phaser (VST/AU) is the best, but for me, certain effects still have to be done with hardware. I think it's worth the extra effort, you get that analog "grit" or whatever you call that.

But this is just my personal preference, I'm sure Ultraphaser is a good product.

• edited August 2013

@funjunkie27 It's a busy work week and hard to justify the tinkering I've been doing, let alone a finished piece. I've been using it with percussion loops, synth bass and leads. You can get some really cool sounds that approach wah or chora-flange. I'm thinking of a far-out demo track that shows off different effects on each instrument part (and solos each of them)... It'll be an arpeggiated, spacey thing.

@Phil999 There's definitely something special about the phase 90 in particular; the grit is built into the design. That doesn't mean it can't be digitally simulated, but virtual clones I've tried still haven't nailed it. Not yet, anyway.

I feel like I can get "close enough" with Ultraphaser 9for my own purposes), at least, more to my satisfaction than any of the current iOS stompbox models (or Turnado)

• Great video - I might have to get this one...

• @funjunkie27 This puppy passed me by, saw you picked it up a little while ago now; would you do so again if you hadn't already (I know, lousy way of phrasing it, but am confident you parse my slow drift...)?

• Seems to be broke in iOS8. AB not available and it launches as an IAA effect in Cubasis, but doesn't affect the sound using any preset or tweaking manually. It looks like it hasn't been updated since Dec. 2013. Here's hoping the dev gets around to it soon.

• Thanks for the update. Doesn't sound too optimistic....into the 'wait and see' file I guess (and that's a very small file).

• It's broken in IOS 7.1.2 as well, when used in Audiobus with the new IProphet. No audio, no LFO motion. OK with other synths. Hoping for an update as well, emailed developers, we'll see if they reply.

• Be very interested to know if you hear from them....

• edited September 2014

@Audiohub - I had it working in iOS 7.1.2 (AB only...haven't tried IAA), and if you had it working with other synths, why would you think it's broken?

• It's an interesting crossection between Ultraphaser and IProphet.
    IProphet works fine with my other FX apps, and Ultraphaser works fine with other synths and input sources. I'm curious if anyone else can duplicate this?

• I tried about 8-9 different sources, and it worked fine on all of the with iOS7.

• I suppose this must suffice until I have enough for that Moogerfooger phaser ;)