Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SampleWiz, Geo Synthesizer, and MorphWiz updated

13»

Comments

• ... and the fixed Geo v1.1.2 is now available. Please report if you still have any issues with it!

• Geo now works with Audiobus in iOS 7, thanks for the quick fix.

Of course now that I can use the internal sounds rather than just using Geo as a midi controller for soft synths, I have stumbled on another issue (probably more of a feature request): it doesn't seem that Geo has a MIDI in, only out, so I can't drive Geo from Cubasis, which is a shame. My typical workflow is to record the MIDI and then fix the performance errors before recording the actual audio. If I use Geo as a controller for Animoog, SampleTank, Sunrizer, or any of the other soft synths I have this works perfectly because I simply send the fixed MIDI directly to the synth, even if the original performance was recorded with Geo. But now that Geo works with Audiobus I would quite like to do the same thing with its own internal sounds - would that be possible at some point?

On a side note, Geo synth really is an amazing instrument, it's a shame that it doesn't have more of a following. It's a really powerful tool for creating and playing melodies, and for me personally by far the most enjoyable app for doing so on iOS.

• I think if this even were possible you would lose the whole point of the instrument. Can't you send Geo into, say, Samplewiz to get the sample you want, and then record that, using MIDI?