Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New Audio Mastering App

New audio mastering app. Looks good with 10 band eq. Might be a good candidate for Bus.
http://audio-mastering-studio.blogspot.com/

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/audio-mastering/id640515541?mt=8

Comments

• Looks pretty cool and useful. But I dont know if "Mastering" shouldve been used in the app name. I might be missing something but it didnt look like it had compression or at minimum, a limiter.

• @mgmg4871 - What!?? You don't own this yet? I thought you bought every app. ;-).

I am very interested in this app, but will hold of for now. Thank god there isn't a "special introductory price" because I am a sucker when it comes to those.

• edited May 2013

Lol. I'm communicating with Dev now to see where this app is going.
    @gjcyrus From what I see it does have a ceiling setting.

• @gjcyrus -for some odd reason they call the limiter/compressor the "loudness maximizer".

• @mgmg4871 - please share any info you get. Thanx.

• edited May 2013

Yes I think the loudness maximizes functions as a compressor and the ceiling setting on left functions as a limiter. There you go @gjcyrus no excuses not to purchase now. Lol let us know how it works out. Please before I do. Got the itch. Ha ha.

• Got first response from Dev. Sent him another email asking about future updates. Will post.

Hello,

Yes, I plan to add AudioBus as input source in the next version. This version will have recording
    feature. From external input or AudioBus.

Igor Vasiliev

• edited May 2013

Now I got the itch but wonder if ill need it since I have ProQ...I have been waiting for this to drop because PalmSounds has talked a good bit about it....I'm a sucker for buying almost every app but been trying to hold back

• @mgmg4871 - Thank you for the speedy sharing of info. Now please buy the app and give a full report. ;-)

• @JMSexton The Dev seems to be pretty responsive. We should collectively send feature request. I invited him to forum. Maybe he'll show up.

• @MrNezumi I'm not an expert on mastering, so I think one of you pros should take the leap of faith. Lol.

• The more I read the description the more I want it haha, it's pretty feature filled already but as with everything there's always room for improvement. Based on same algorithm as professional plugins....

• Hey guys. The Dev sent me a code to give to thesoundtestroom. Doug will do a review.

• Nice song. Good results.

• edited May 2013

From Dev. He says he has lots of plans for this app.
    "In the next version at least - convert sample rate from all supported formats to 48 kHz (now
    only to 44.1), normalize at converting and recording (with AudioBus of course).

It will take about two weeks. I hope :) Thanks for your invitation on audiobus forum, I will join soon."

Igor

• After Devs response I bit the bullet, but I'll let Doug do the review though. My initial thoughts is this is a keeper.

• Yea I pulled the trigger too

• Is there any app for sequencing albums? For instance, blending tracks one after another and/or dictating spaces between songs?

• It's rubbish! Not on iPhone lol ;-)
    The way things are going it looks like I may have to purchase an iPad.

• edited May 2013

@CSwinn Most daws can accomplish that by copying and pasting, or dragging tracks.

• How would I create track one, track two, etc in BM2 or MT Daw for instance?

• @Nu2moro if/when you do get an iPad it will open up a whole new world! Haha I almost couldn't imagine doing everything on iPhone/iPod touch

• @CSwinn You may be looking for something like DJAY app and its AB supported, unless I'm misunderstanding what you need.

• Well, say I have a bunch of completed tracks and wanted to sequence them to release as an album. Some tracks I'd like to leave the standard two seconds between songs, other tracks that are in the same key, I might want to blend seamlessly.

Say I have a song called Dog and one called Cat, both in the same key. I want Dog's outro to blend seamlessly into Cat, but if I was listening on CD, I'd want to be able to skp ahead and just listen to the Cat song.

Does this make sense? The only popular example I can think of right now is Green Day's Brain Stew/Jaded. They flow together, yet you can still skip tracks and listen to just Jaded.

Is there an app for laying out tracks like this?

• Sorry to hijack this thread btw

• edited May 2013

What you're looking for is probably going to be PC or Mac software as far as I know. A cd burning software. Maybe someone else may know

• That's kind of what I figured, just don't know if I'm missing something in the App Store. Thanks @mgmg4871!

• Very welcome. Because you can't connect CD burners to IOS devices I don't think you'll find it.